Free to Play

General Discussion on the Unity Engine.
SpiritWebb

Free to Play

Post by SpiritWebb »

Most anticipated F2P MMO built using Unity 3D and browser based, "Star Trek Infinite Space" according to Europe's biggest computer magazine.
Article here

Been watching this project grow for the past few months, and I cannot wait to try it out. Excited since its being built with Unity.
http://startrek-is.com/

hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: Free to Play

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

sounds awesome. What server they using?
SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

I am not exactly sure. They haven't released that kind of information. Based on what I see, either Proton, SmartFox or the Unity Server package they offer. My guess most likely is the Unity server, if they wanted to keep everything Unity based with no porting of code to use Proton or SmartFox.

SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

And their newest statement with this game:
Gameforge is evaluating the discontinuation of the “Star Trek – Infinite Space” project and is also currently exploring co-publishing options.
Get everyone all hyped up, and take it away, f-in bastards, was looking forward to this game too! Star Trek Online will be F2P by end of year! Looks like STO it is!!

hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

wow what a way to change things. All about the greens i guess.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Undead Frontier uses Unity and SmartFoxServer, and has hundreds of thousands of players :) Even if that Star Trek game releases, it may be a bit of time for it to match the playerbase of that!
The indelible lord of tl;dr
SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

Wasn't worried about the player base, was excited because it was Unity3D being involved and being Star Trek. I am a huge ST fan, especially of the Enterprise series with Scott Bakula who plays as Capt. Jonathon Archer.

Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Ahhh, ok. I just thought you were excited about a popular browser-based MMO using Unity 3D.
The indelible lord of tl;dr

Return to “General Unity”