Hi Everyone

New to the site? Place a post here and let us know about you and what brings you to the site. T
ThatIcyChill

Hi Everyone

Post by ThatIcyChill »

Hello everybody,

I'm ThatIcyChill from Chivalry Engine I'm not really involved with the development but I do know MasterGeneral156 and have worked with him regarding testing the security of the engine therefore if anyone has any questions regarding the engine I would be more than happy to forward them onto MasterGeneral156.

I'm glad to see more people using the engine and if anyone wants to contribute, fork, reports any bugs or simple wants to test the engine before hand here is the github link https://github.com/MasterGeneral156/chivalry-engine .

Kind Regards,

~ThatIcyChill
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: Hi Everyone

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Awesome and thanks for stopping by! It is great to see a PBBG engine that is still supported and even better still in development. Very excited to see its progress and the games that come from it.
KyleMassacre

Post by KyleMassacre »

Hello there!
First off, I don’t want to be “that guy” but I do have some comments on the engine.

What makes this any different than a Bootstrapped MCC Engine? I briefly looked over the code and I would say that a vast majority of it is straight from MCC. I do infact see some differences like replacing mysql with pdo.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Its free! That should make it 100% better and the obvious choice.
KyleMassacre

Post by KyleMassacre »

hallsofvallhalla wrote:Its free! That should make it 100% better and the obvious choice.
I was actually going to mention that. My one problem that I have though is: does this violate any license? If I were to run a live copy and somehow it gets out that it’s MCC, would I get shut down? Will this happen, probably not. Not to mention that since a lot of it is MCC, are all the same exploits patched that crashes these games?

I would like to add that in no way shape or form am I hating so keep that in mind haha

Return to “Say Hello”