arkore here.

New to the site? Place a post here and let us know about you and what brings you to the site. T
arkore

arkore here.

Post by arkore »

Hello,

I'm a web developer, and I've been working (off and on) on a PBBG since 2007.

The game is essentially a graphical text-based MUD/RPG. The game is based on an old BBS door game called L.O.R.D., but with a unique style and progression system. It would also have aspects from other games such as Zelda, Diablo, WoW, Travian, Minecraft, etc.

It's been quite a journey. I've been constantly worked on it, improving it, polishing it, until I got to a point where it became too much and I got burned out.

It's been a few years now, and I've decided to return to my game.

I've come to indie-resource because I sense that it's the right thing to do.

Thanks,
I feel I have what it takes to make a game and guarantee it's success.
Verahta

Re: arkore here.

Post by Verahta »

Welcome! I know what you mean. I have worked on mine on and off since 2011 haha. I seem to go in cycles. I will get all gungho about it and work on it a lot for a month, and then not touch it for 5 months, rinse and repeat.

Result: five years later and I have multiple notebooks full of notes and sketches, plans, lists of assets, and so on but hardly any actual work done. :(

I have the attention span of a Gold Fish, I find it hard to focus and stick with it. There is SO much to learn, it all just seems so daunting.
"In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion".
Dominion

Post by Dominion »

Welcome. :)
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Welcome!
KHill

Post by KHill »

You've come to the right place, I think just about everyone here has found themselves in your shoes at one point or another. All that matters is that you're back at it now :)
SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

Welcome, glad to have you!!

Return to “Say Hello”