Hello there

New to the site? Place a post here and let us know about you and what brings you to the site. T
Valkyrie

Hello there

Post by Valkyrie »

I've been in the indie game scene for a few years, but had to slow down and take a break when my career started taking up more time. I've decided to get back into the swing of things and will probably move my old ORPG into an HTML5 engine both to learn and to get it back up and online cross-platform for once. I've still got hundreds of bucks worth of graphics, art and music so if I can get my coding back up to snuff I should be hanging around here more often instead of just lurking. :lol: Hopefully I can be of some help to someone too!
Jackolantern

Re: Hello there

Post by Jackolantern »

Welcome! :D

Was your previous ORPG released?
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie »

Sure was! It was a fun project to say the least, our record was 138 simultaneous players in the year it was online.

http://www.drasil.net which I still keep up. I haven't developed anything for it since 2010, but every now and then I hire artists and freelancers to create content I think I'll end up needing whenever I got my roots back down. I don't think I'll be able to get 1/4 the features back into Impact anytime soon, but I'm satisfied with a simple game that can slowly build back up. Actually getting a project out the door is a great feeling, I want to feel it again :P
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Wow, very cool :)
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Verahta

Post by Verahta »

Welcome to the forum Valkyrie 8-)
"In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion".
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Welcome!

I remember that game! Built with VBGore right? Very good to see you again. I think you will find HTML5 much easier and more robust as far as bringing more to the players easier than VB6.
vitinho444

Post by vitinho444 »

Welcome ;)
My Company Website: http://www.oryzhon.com

Chris

Post by Chris »

Welcome!
Fighting for peace is declaring war on war. If you want peace be peaceful.

Return to “Say Hello”