Hi all - Mark from Australia

New to the site? Place a post here and let us know about you and what brings you to the site. T
markh

Hi all - Mark from Australia

Post by markh »

Hey everyone,

Glad to have stumbled upon your forum. I am a PHP web developer from Australia with the dreams of someday being part of something exciting. Namely a browser game.

If anybody has any projects they need help with, please do not hesitate to let me know. I have some spare time at present. I need to fulfill a creative side of me.

I look forward to meeting you.

btw: I hadn't heard of New World Engine until now. Can anybody fill me in?
Xaos

Re: Hi all - Mark from Australia

Post by Xaos »

Welcome, glad you joined the forum!

NWE is a great engine created by one of our members, a_bertrand. I haven't used it myself but there are nothing but great reviews about it, it's a really great engine.
vitinho444

Post by vitinho444 »

Welcomeee :)

I'm sure you will find lots of projects here needing help :D

NWE as Xaos said is a browser based game engine created by alain bertrand (a_bertrand) and as Xaos, I haven't tested it yet, BUT (as Xaos says) it has lots of good reviews, and from a_bertrand you can only expect good stuff !!

Also, enjoy your staying, you won't leave!
My Company Website: http://www.oryzhon.com

markh

Post by markh »

Thanks Xaos. I was actually reading one of your posts earlier about your game idea. Sounds very interesting. Some ideas I have even toyed with. I don't always follow through on my own so getting some accountability and being part of a community should be a big bonus.

Thanks for the info on the NW engine.

It is nice to meet you too, vitinho. I take it alain runs these forums??
a_bertrand

Post by a_bertrand »

No I don't run those forums ;) I'm only one of the many guest here. Anyhow welcome to the forums.

If you want to test NWE there is a free version which should let you set the structure of it even if many of the modules are actually not present.

What kind of game are you after?
Creator of Dot World Maker
Mad programmer and annoying composer
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

welcome!
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Welcome to the forums! :)
The indelible lord of tl;dr
markh

Post by markh »

Thank you all for your welcome. It is great to be here.
a_bertrand wrote:No I don't run those forums ;) I'm only one of the many guest here. Anyhow welcome to the forums.

If you want to test NWE there is a free version which should let you set the structure of it even if many of the modules are actually not present.

What kind of game are you after?
I have downloaded NWE to sneak a peak :) I like RPGs that are set in the typical medieval times but I don't mind the economy of the modern world either so there is a mix in atmosphere there. I have ideas but they probably aren't valid. So in honesty I don't really know...

However, I have played Torn City and found it a little limited in terms of what you can do per login. A lot of it seems driven my our time and not game actions.... But that's just my opinion and I was / am known as a loner there haha. Maybe if I had friends I'd be more engrossed.

When I get the confidence up, I will discuss some of my ideas. But for now, if anybody needs a coding sidekick, I'm happy to help. I have 10 years of web development experience (not all paid though), and only 3 subjects away from completing my masters (to get more paid work). Where possible I attempt to use software engineering practices and design principles, frameworks etc but sometimes that slows things down.

Perhaps a more experienced game designer could mentor me on outlining and in return I could provide the coding. Just a thought...
Sharlenwar

Post by Sharlenwar »

Well, welcome to the community!

I would say, be involved, I know I'll be posting up questions as I go along so look for em and respond. :P Otherwise, have fun here!
Deep within the Void of Quasion, a creation.

**My Corner of the Web**
***NEW***GrindFest - My own PHP/MySQL game!
Sharlenwar's Adventures
Torn-City - Massively multiplayer online text based RPG
Callan S.

Post by Callan S. »

Welcome! I'm in (rural) Victoria!

Return to “Say Hello”