Hello There

New to the site? Place a post here and let us know about you and what brings you to the site. T
Sahasta

Hello There

Post by Sahasta »

Hey I'm Tim,
I am 20 years old nearly 21! :P. I am currently living in Northern Cyprus, studying Translation and Interpreting(English-Turkish) at university currently in my 3rd year. If you have any questions or if I can assist in any way possible with translation in those languages I would be happy to help, tho I dont think there will be, just putting it out there :P.
I stumbled across the "Browser-Based MMORPG Tutorials" on youtube and decided to join. I am a newbie in coding. Plan on learning as much as I can from any tutorial or the community on PHP and anything to do with Browser-Based MMORPG games, I have an idea for a game that I want to develop =)). Well thats all for now. Have a good day/evening where ever you are.

Tim J. Tanurhan
Jackolantern

Re: Hello There

Post by Jackolantern »

Welcome to the forums! :)
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Sahasta

Post by Sahasta »

Thanks nice to be here! =))
Lord Rahl

Post by Lord Rahl »

Welcome to the site! :D
Callan S.

Post by Callan S. »

Hi, Tim! Welcome! You'll find the tutorials are really helpful! :)
Xaos

Post by Xaos »

Welcome ! Feel free to ask any question, someone on here can help ! :D
Sahasta

Post by Sahasta »

Thanks for the warm welcome! =))
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

welcome!
a_bertrand

Post by a_bertrand »

Welcome to the forums. If you just started with programming, I would strongly suggest you to use a pre-made engine if you want to produce a game in an acceptable time frame (and even then, it may take lot of time). On the other side, if you are serious about being a game developer then being able to understand what's going on under is a must.

For the technology you said PHP, yet you didn't specified what kind of game you want to make. So unless it's a text or mostly text web game, PHP may not be your best choice.

As always, set down your goal, put down a list of "MUSTS" and "NICE TO HAVE", decide of the story (a game MUST have a story of some sort), define the rules (earlier is better), and then you may check what would be the best choice for the technology. BTW you may ask here what can be a good choice for a given project.
Creator of Dot World Maker
Mad programmer and annoying composer
Sahasta

Post by Sahasta »

a_bertrand thanks for the info,

I am planning on making a game like, mostly text and pictures. Something like this: http://dragonscourge.com/play/login.php?do=login, I have a story etc.

hallsofvallhalla,

Thanks nice to be here! =)

Return to “Say Hello”