Somewhat intro from me :)

New to the site? Place a post here and let us know about you and what brings you to the site. T
Leathel

Somewhat intro from me :)

Post by Leathel »

Hey all. I recognize a few names. I used to do a lot with the Torque MMO Kit. Had a game in 2nd Beta called Foundations of Hope Online. I decided I needed to go back to college though so dropped all game development for a couple years now. No time to really do any yet, but will probably start digging into more HTML5 and JavaScript stuff since where I am currently focused for my training. Oh, how I miss game development.

So what are my old friends up to these days?
OldRod

Re: Somewhat intro from me :)

Post by OldRod »

Hey good to see you around!

Welcome :)
Leathel

Post by Leathel »

Thanks OldRod. One of the names I recognized around :) So what you working on these days?
Xaos

Post by Xaos »

Welcome ! What are you going to college for, if you don't mind me asking? :)
Leathel

Post by Leathel »

Xaos wrote:Welcome ! What are you going to college for, if you don't mind me asking? :)
Software development. Been doing the hardware side of things for 20 years. Want to finally get a degree and game development made the choice that I wanted to dig deeper into the software development side of things.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

who are you again?

hehe glad to see you hanging out. This is the mmorpgmaker.com after party :P I will vouche for leathels awesome work with the tmmokit. His game was an inspiration to many.
Xaos

Post by Xaos »

Leathel wrote:
Xaos wrote:Welcome ! What are you going to college for, if you don't mind me asking? :)
Software development. Been doing the hardware side of things for 20 years. Want to finally get a degree and game development made the choice that I wanted to dig deeper into the software development side of things.
Nice, I'm jealous! I'm just a high school student....it's awful :lol:
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Love High School while you can! High School is the worst yet greatest time of your life. It feels like the worst while in it but when you look back it ends up being the best and most missed. I loved high school even while I was in it. I never allowed the "clicks" to rule me and I turned the social organizations on their head. I went to the school they basically modeled "saved by the bell" from in middle school and is was HORRIBLE. I told myself I would never be a part of or let social clicks rule me ever again. I moved to a smaller town and basically ruled the school in my own way. Was a blast.

Anyways, lesson here is enjoy the most out of high school, you are at the age where no adults can harm you and you can get away with just about anything. Learn all you can, tell bullies to eat **** and die(unless you are a bully then that applies to you) and enjoy yourself.

Sorry I derailed the topic...back on topic :)
Xaos

Post by Xaos »

hallsofvallhalla wrote:Love High School while you can! High School is the worst yet greatest time of your life. It feels like the worst while in it but when you look back it ends up being the best and most missed. I loved high school even while I was in it. I never allowed the "clicks" to rule me and I turned the social organizations on their head. I went to the school they basically modeled "saved by the bell" from in middle school and is was HORRIBLE. I told myself I would never be a part of or let social clicks rule me ever again. I moved to a smaller town and basically ruled the school in my own way. Was a blast.

Anyways, lesson here is enjoy the most out of high school, you are at the age where no adults can harm you and you can get away with just about anything. Learn all you can, tell bullies to eat **** and die(unless you are a bully then that applies to you) and enjoy yourself.

Sorry I derailed the topic...back on topic :)
Hahaha, I definitely feel this way. 99% of my hate for high school right now comes from AP Lang......
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Hey Leathel! Yep, this is an mmorpgmaker.com after party here! It is great to see a lot of people from there get an interest in MMORPG development from simply playing commercial MMOs, try to make an MMO, move away from MMOs and then keep with game development or even traditional software development. Although I started programming about 20 years ago, I slacked off for a few years but playing MMOs reignited my passion and brought me back to programming, and that is what eventually set me on my current career path of traditional development. I am sure some on mmorpgmaker.com have long given up on game development, and that is sad (MMORPGs should not be your first project; so many who were deadset on producing one had the world against them from the beginning), but it is great to see so many still with it, all these years later!
The indelible lord of tl;dr

Return to “Say Hello”