New guys around :)

New to the site? Place a post here and let us know about you and what brings you to the site. T
celiojedi

New guys around :)

Post by celiojedi »

Hello friends, before i start sorry about my bad english is not my first language.

Soo my Name is Celio and nick name Celiojedi :), i come to this from from one series of videos on youtube how to create your game html5... about me:
I start to think about make game on colegue time... and i even make one with eclipse engine 2d at that time... i know loots of people do not like people who used that engine.

Soo wi get loots of players for just one indie project call bleach online.. but that engine was very bad and uses vb6 that have loots of problmes too... soo i closed the project...
but some old friends and players from this old project came to me and ask if i can put the old server online again ... but that stuff need a server on my hose and now i am marrie and all that,., than i think about make a conversion to php + mysql and html5 blka bla ... but is very difficult and i know i will need to learn a loot before start but i will not give up :) soo again sorry about bad english is a loot bad but how i said is not my first language :)))
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: New guys around :)

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

welcome!

Using Eclipse is not so bad. I would not recommend it today however. They are creating a online engine but it does not make much sense. They are charging more than the competitors and it uses LUA for scripting yet is written in javascript. You can easily write your own engine or use rpgcreator which is fantastic.
celiojedi

Post by celiojedi »

Again sorry about bad english...

I come to this frum tanks to your videos on youtube so I AM VERY THANKFULL TO YOU ! :)

SOo friend like i said tell me i never even thinked about make a game with html and php and my sql... i know how to programing on that languages very well but i never try this before.. but i do not have any clue for what palce i need to start .. AT Vb6t the first staps is to make the sprit screan and moves with DX but with html i do not know how to start ... i try to thind out by my self but i not find too much about that can you and guys help me plis ? sorry i am not one of this guys who come just to get information and get out i want to participate and posted my source game when i get finished but i will need help as well .

Thanks
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

try out a free javascript engine like melonjs or crafty. It will help a ton.

http://melonjs.org/

http://craftyjs.com/
vitinho444

Post by vitinho444 »

Welcome celio, you will have a good time here :)
My Company Website: http://www.oryzhon.com

Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Welcome! :)

And we don't have anything against the Eclipse Engine community. I have met some great people from there. It is more that at one point or another, the administrators let the absolutely wrong people be moderators. The Eclipse moderators are the worst people in the whole community, and have chased away a lot of really talented people (threatening to ban people who disagree with them, calling any kind of heavy posting "spamming" even if you are helping people, etc.). But we don't hold anything against people who have used it :D
The indelible lord of tl;dr
celiojedi

Post by celiojedi »

IS cuz for exemple there and another froums of game develpment people never help and always said things like google it... and spome times we can get ban :( .. for exemple i remember when i try to pass the engine eclipse to dx 9 and people at one forum starts to said to me that i am dump and idiot cuz i am uing a egine to make a game.. and just idiots do that bla bla ... and nothing to help :) but like howell said on his videos at youtube this community is have good persons i can see :) thanks to recive me mates :) and i will try to bring some new stuffs with time too ! :)
a_bertrand

Post by a_bertrand »

Seems an RPG Maker clone or am I wrong?
Creator of Dot World Maker
Mad programmer and annoying composer
celiojedi

Post by celiojedi »

something like that but with more resource and with the source code in vb6 you can change everything on that thing... and is a server-client MMO but is a aplication and need to be installed to work.
a_bertrand

Post by a_bertrand »

Ok not really my cup of tea then ;)
BTW.... VB6 really? This dead.... They should at least use VB.NET if not C# :shock:
Creator of Dot World Maker
Mad programmer and annoying composer

Return to “Say Hello”