Hello!

New to the site? Place a post here and let us know about you and what brings you to the site. T
MikuzA

Hello!

Post by MikuzA »

I would like to say hello to all, I stumbled to indie-resource.com through some awesome tutorial video in youtube.
Reason behind that I actually came over here and registered is that when I browsed through the forums, I noticed that people here have similiar way of coding that I do.

My experiences are in PHP / MySQL and anything related to web-dev. Highly interested in Game dev, but never did anything complete.. :) Perhaps now!
My profession lies in Business Intelligence, mostly ETL (Extract, Transform & Load). So, if anyone would require some tips on migration, integrating, reporting on data. I might be able to help you!

Oh, and I'm from Finland.
Why so serious?

Business Intelligence, Data Engineering, Data Mining
PHP, HTML, JavaScript, Bash/KornShell, Python, C#, PL/SQL
MySQL, DB2, Oracle, Snowflake
Pentaho, DataStage, Matillion, Unity3D, Blender
vitinho444

Re: Hello!

Post by vitinho444 »

Welcome to IR.

Most of people (I'm on of them) came from halls tuts. They are very good indeed and if they weren't probably there was no IR.

Dont worry by not finishing games, thats a big problem here in the community but you can't stop trying.

I hope you like your staying :D
My Company Website: http://www.oryzhon.com

Lord Rahl

Post by Lord Rahl »

Welcome to the site! :)
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Welcome!
Xaos

Post by Xaos »

Welcome to IR ! Hope you learn alot !
bogezie

Post by bogezie »

Hello, and welcome to the community! Hope you enjoy your stay :D I am new to the community by the way, and my interest are in game development also.. There is a lot of useful information that I have ran across in the 3 days I've been a member. As far as I can see this is a close knitted group and I think we joined the right one this go around !! Take care and hopefully one day we can work on a project together!
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Welcome! I have interest in business intelligence software as well as game development, although you probably have more knowledge in BI than I do (I don't do BI professionally anymore).

Hope you enjoy your stay here :)
The indelible lord of tl;dr
MikuzA

Post by MikuzA »

Thanks all.

vitinho444 wrote:Welcome to IR.

Most of people (I'm on of them) came from halls tuts. They are very good indeed and if they weren't probably there was no IR.

Dont worry by not finishing games, thats a big problem here in the community but you can't stop trying.

I hope you like your staying :D
Thanks.
Exactly, never stop trying. You might need to leave a project for a week or two, but when you come back, you have a whole new view on it and it got better than you originally planned!

Xaos wrote:Welcome to IR ! Hope you learn alot !
Thanks, I have already learned a huge amount! So, where I'm standing I'm already on the positive side :D
bogezie wrote:Hello, and welcome to the community! Hope you enjoy your stay :D I am new to the community by the way, and my interest are in game development also.. There is a lot of useful information that I have ran across in the 3 days I've been a member. As far as I can see this is a close knitted group and I think we joined the right one this go around !! Take care and hopefully one day we can work on a project together!
I noticed exactly the same, a close knitted group, some more active, some less. Still the knowledge and the talents are noticeable! Hopefully I can give my share of knowledge to this group :)
Jackolantern wrote:Welcome! I have interest in business intelligence software as well as game development, although you probably have more knowledge in BI than I do (I don't do BI professionally anymore).

Hope you enjoy your stay here :)
Good to know that BI is known here :) I have huge knowledge of Pentaho, the OpenSource Business Intelligence software. You might want to look into that if you already haven't.
Why so serious?

Business Intelligence, Data Engineering, Data Mining
PHP, HTML, JavaScript, Bash/KornShell, Python, C#, PL/SQL
MySQL, DB2, Oracle, Snowflake
Pentaho, DataStage, Matillion, Unity3D, Blender
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

MikuzA wrote:Good to know that BI is known here :) I have huge knowledge of Pentaho, the OpenSource Business Intelligence software. You might want to look into that if you already haven't.
Thanks! I haven't heard of it before :)
The indelible lord of tl;dr
overras

Post by overras »

Hey! Welcome home! :)

Return to “Say Hello”