Back again after 3 years(ish)

New to the site? Place a post here and let us know about you and what brings you to the site. T
Qunox

Back again after 3 years(ish)

Post by Qunox »

Last time I visited IR it was back in the days ( 2010 ) and I was an aspiring young developer/coder, my main focus back then was C# with some minor skills in PHP and JavaScript.

Times have changed and I made a switch back then and started using C++ more frequently, I got busy and then I picked up programming again, needless to say, a lot have happened since then.

I'm currently aiming towards an academic degree in Computer Science ( Gamedevelopment - Programming is the official name ) and my future set to make games, because that's what I want to do someday.

I'm not the best programmer, nor the smartest or most skilled in math but I do have passion and I do have the will to learn and study it. I'm currently working on my (2D) Rougelike game in C++ and SFML and it's coming along ( slowly ) due to finals and an unfortunate HDD crash, which I took as a sign from the man above that I should use Source-Control more often, the projects name is called: "Rougehack".

It feels good to be back, it really does!
Here take a bad computer/programming-thingy joke:
"The best thing about UDP jokes is that I don’t care if you get them or not."
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: Back again after 3 years(ish)

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

I knew you looked familiar welcome back!!

Passion is all you need. Plain and simple.

Also on your signature

"There is always the TCP jokes, I will keep telling them until you get them" :)
TheElk

Post by TheElk »

Welcome back Qunox

And as I always say never give up on your hopes and dreams.

TheElk
Home of Battle of the Juggernauts & Killer Raceway....
http://www.mysteriousstudios.net/
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Welcome back! I definitely remember you :)

Cloud code back-up is also great. I guess that is what you meant, since a local version control system would have been gone with your HDD as well. I have my Eclipse setup with Bazaar, and I think I have Tortoise installed on here as well, but often I just go somewhat low-tech since it is all just me and I don't have to share my code with any other devs. So I have Google Drive setup, and use that directory as my workspace and simply make a new version directory before doing something drastic or when I get a piece of my code working right.
The indelible lord of tl;dr

Return to “Say Hello”