A little hello from sunny ole England.

New to the site? Place a post here and let us know about you and what brings you to the site. T
MrDJK

A little hello from sunny ole England.

Post by MrDJK »

Good Morning!

A newbie here, budding game developer, coffee addicted web developer and a Minecraft addict.

I was refered to this community by a certain a_bertrand, who assured me the mood here was more collaborative, than some other places we're at, so I hope I can be of some use to folks here, anyhow a little bit about me:

I currently reside in (as the title suggest) the always sunny England.
I've spent the past few years, developing PBBGs, working with a plethora of engines available on the market today.

Couple of engines I've had experience with:
  • MCCodes ( lite, v1, v2, v2.5, don't get me started with the v3 preview. )
  • EzRPG ( unfortunately not as much as I would have liked. )
  • New Worlds Engine ( a budding new engine on the market, that has quite a bit of potential, no mods available from me just yet, though I have a tool here)
  • There's a few more, however those seem a little dead in the water to mention here.
A couple of projects I've had my hands in:
  • (MCCodes) I helped create DeadLand and am now a part-time developer on there, when I am wanted.
  • (MCCodes) I'm currently helping to create another PBBG by the name of KungFu Dynasty. Currently in pre-register stage, I'll let you know when we go BETA.
  • (Custom) I'm developing my own somewhat survival horror PBBG, that focuses around the aftermath of an apocalypse brought on by a supernatural force and some black magic thrown into the mix. ( Death's Playground - however still in development phase ).
  • (None PBBG related) I dabble over at CEGamers and CEGamers at FrontierVille that focuses on Zynga games and Facebook games in general, they often offer up resources, contests, gift-cards for PioneerTrail/FrontierVille if any of you are playing it, may be a good resource for you to look into. :)
That's about all, I am addicted to Minecraft, and especially Feed-The-Beast mod packs ( Direwolf20's pack specifically ) if you wanna play sometime, hit me up.

Thanks.
-DJK ( MrDJK / Djkanna ).
Reliique

Re: A little hello from sunny ole England.

Post by Reliique »

Hello and welcome!

"budding game developer" <- game devolopment with "bud" :mrgreen: ?
MrDJK

Post by MrDJK »

Reliique wrote:Hello and welcome!

"budding game developer" <- game devolopment with "bud" :mrgreen: ?
Thanks, and you never know. :lol:
srachit

Post by srachit »

Dj! :D
Welcome to indie-resources! :D

Oh and I got alain here, so I guess I can call dibs on you too :D :P

Glad to have you here mate and I'll assure you this place is much better than MWG :P
MrDJK

Post by MrDJK »

srachit wrote:Dj! :D
Welcome to indie-resources! :D

Oh and I got alain here, so I guess I can call dibs on you too :D :P

Glad to have you here mate and I'll assure you this place is much better than MWG :P
Thanks Srachit.
Well that's all well and good, we can blame the influx of tired members on that other place coming over to here on you then? ;)
srachit

Post by srachit »

Well till no spammers and trolls from there come over, I'll take all the blame :D
If they do...its on you mate :P
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

haha welcome and glad to have you! I am sure we got a nice hole somewhere around here to stick you.

My daughter is addicted to Minecraft, plays for hours on end and is always wanting me to play with her. If you know any good mods please let me know.
Renavoid

Post by Renavoid »

Welcome, enjoy your stay!
The winds of change are blowing; will you heed their call?
MrDJK

Post by MrDJK »

srachit wrote:Well till no spammers and trolls from there come over, I'll take all the blame :D
If they do...its on you mate :P
Oh no, you take the good with the bad. :P
hallsofvallhalla wrote:haha welcome and glad to have you! I am sure we got a nice hole somewhere around here to stick you.

My daughter is addicted to Minecraft, plays for hours on end and is always wanting me to play with her. If you know any good mods please let me know.
Thanks, and what is your daughter's playing style? If she is interested in tech, building complex (and not so complex) machines to do basic things through automation, then the aforementioned Feed-The-Beast mod pack (most versions really) would be suitable, there's a specific magical pack over there too.

If you're looking for singular mods, over a mod pack and depending on what you like; Here's a couple I play with:
  • Industrial Craft (Power (both nuclear and solar )| and a whole lot more )
  • RedPower 2 (automation | and a whole lot more )
  • Buildcraft (automation | and a whole lot more )
  • Forestry (breeding of bees / breeding of trees | automation | a few other gadgets )
  • Thaumcraft ( A whole lotta' magic )
  • Mystcraft ( Ages from Myst in Minecraft )
I play with a lot more however these are the main few (and all are available in the Direwolf20 and Minecrack Feed-The-Beast mod packs ).

* I wonder if I name-drop Feed-The-Best more, they'll start paying me. :lol:
Renavoid wrote:Welcome, enjoy your stay!
Thanks for the welcome. :)
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Welcome to the forums :)
The indelible lord of tl;dr

Return to “Say Hello”