Hello

New to the site? Place a post here and let us know about you and what brings you to the site. T
srachit

Hello

Post by srachit »

Hello everyone!
My name is Rachit and I live in the Emirates, Indian by origin.
I came across this forum and was attracted to it as I myself am a budding game developer and I love the communtiy projects going on here, I hope to get more involved in them.
I am not an expert in any language but I can code fairly well in C++, Python and PHP.

I am hoping to expand my knowledge and contribute back to this community.

I have just some questions, is there anyway to see the latest posts on this forum? Maybe think about installing a portal feature to see latest forum threads and posts.

Also do we have an IRC channel? I'd love to get to know everyone around here :)

Thanks
Rachit
Torax

Re: Hello

Post by Torax »

Hello Rachit, welcome! There is infact a portal to see the latest posts when you first enter the site, and also if you click Board Index, you will see:

View unanswered posts • View unread posts • View new posts • View active topics

I don't believe there is an IRC chat.

Anyhow, welcome to the community! When I first started here I knew very little, but my knowledge has expanded with the help of nice community members and the staff members are a great help. Also, if you haven't yet you should check out some of halls tutorials. If you are interested the videos can be found in the YouTube Tutorials section.
srachit

Post by srachit »

Torax wrote:Hello Rachit, welcome! There is infact a portal to see the latest posts when you first enter the site, and also if you click Board Index, you will see:

View unanswered posts • View unread posts • View new posts • View active topics

I don't believe there is an IRC chat.

Anyhow, welcome to the community! When I first started here I knew very little, but my knowledge has expanded with the help of nice community members and the staff members are a great help. Also, if you haven't yet you should check out some of halls tutorials. If you are interested the videos can be found in the YouTube Tutorials section.
I actually came across this forum from those video tutorials.

May I suggest an IRC channel for this forum made my the mods of the forum? Then everything can comtinue as per the rules of the forum at the same time provide a live chat system for all of us to get to know each other better, just a suggestion :)
Torax

Post by Torax »

I am all for an IRC channel, maybe halls will consider one if enough people suggest it.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

find me a good one that is web based and easy to run and I will place it up.
srachit

Post by srachit »

Well on the last community that I was part of they used http://www.wsirc.com/

You'll need to choose a sever and create a channel. I'd advice freenode for that as almost all channels related to programming are on freenode e.g #php, #python, #c++, #django, #ubuntu.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Welcome to the forums! :)
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Sharlenwar

Post by Sharlenwar »

Welcome to the community here. :mrgreen:
Deep within the Void of Quasion, a creation.

**My Corner of the Web**
***NEW***GrindFest - My own PHP/MySQL game!
Sharlenwar's Adventures
Torn-City - Massively multiplayer online text based RPG
SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

Welcome, glad to have you!

Return to “Say Hello”