Hello world!

New to the site? Place a post here and let us know about you and what brings you to the site. T
Aerithcal

Hello world!

Post by Aerithcal »

Hey!

I'm trying to create a browser mmog (or mmorpg, don't really know) text-based. I started seeing a tutorials on youtube (other user) but it didn't went so well because I had a problem at middle and I couldn't solve it (because didn't had form to contact the youtuber).

Hope it all goes well here, I'll start seeing the tutorials of " hallsofvallhalla " and if I have errors or something hope you guys can help me :P
OldRod

Re: Hello world!

Post by OldRod »

Welcome!

There are lots of great people here, so surely you can get help with whatever you need :)
Aerithcal

Post by Aerithcal »

Hope so!

Thank you for your awnser
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

-Moved to Introductions since this wasn't about an MMO Maker program.

I think Halls' tutorial series will go much better. You really need to have a community to ask for help if you are learning the technology for the first time. And we hope that we can provide that, which will make all of the difference! 8-)
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Sharlenwar

Post by Sharlenwar »

Welcome to the community, and I would listen to good ole Jack. I'm currently going through those tutorials as well, and it is mostly so that I get used to how mySQL and php work together. So if you need any help, I'll see if I have any questions to add or to even maybe help each other.

Kudos to you Halls for those tutorials, I'm finding them to be very useful!

Again, welcome to the community Aerithcal.
Deep within the Void of Quasion, a creation.

**My Corner of the Web**
***NEW***GrindFest - My own PHP/MySQL game!
Sharlenwar's Adventures
Torn-City - Massively multiplayer online text based RPG
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Thanks, I really need to redo them. They are quite old(still very usable, but could be improved). I was thinking of stopping all my current series and starting a brand new one that entails all of them.

Welcome to the community.
Sharlenwar

Post by Sharlenwar »

hallsofvallhalla wrote:Thanks, I really need to redo them. They are quite old(still very usable, but could be improved). I was thinking of stopping all my current series and starting a brand new one that entails all of them.

Welcome to the community.
Well, definitely. I know for sure that I now want to make a PBBG. I have some ideas floating around, and I just need to work on something that is simple and is different. If you need any help, then I'm for sure in there. I'm ripping through the existing tutorials that you have and this list I find helpful.
Deep within the Void of Quasion, a creation.

**My Corner of the Web**
***NEW***GrindFest - My own PHP/MySQL game!
Sharlenwar's Adventures
Torn-City - Massively multiplayer online text based RPG
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Just please don't stop the Node one, Halls :D Node has such poor documentation and such a small pool of tutorials that your help is greatly needed in that field, and I think that one is off to a great start! 8-)
The indelible lord of tl;dr
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

agreed
SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

Welcome!

Return to “Say Hello”