Oculus Rift for PC

Keep it clean but fun.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Oculus Rift for PC

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

So I bought the new one last week and OMG it is so amazing how far it and the games have come. The multiplayer games are quite stunning. I am still questioning how some of them are made. Drunken bar fight is beyond fun.

I will admit though I am suffering from the VR vertigo or equilibrium issues where I still feel like I am in the VR but that is suppose to go away after a week or two.
vitinho444

Re: Oculus Rift for PC

Post by vitinho444 »

I thought VR was dead :P

Nice you having fun, but it's still too expensive imo. :roll: :ugeek:
My Company Website: http://www.oryzhon.com

Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Nice!

However, I know for a fact I would get horrid sickness if I ever tried to use one. For some reason over the last 10 years or so I have developed really bad "simulation sickness" when playing even regular 3D games if they are first-person with certain camera settings. Some are worse than others. For some reason some third-party games like Gears of War don't bother me, but even some non-first-person games bother me.

So I know I couldn't handle even 10 seconds in a VR headset considering I have heard some hardcore FPS players get simulation sickness in those things :P
The indelible lord of tl;dr
vitinho444

Post by vitinho444 »

I got those goggles for Android phones and my god I get so motion sick after 5 minutes of use. But I often get sick at 3D movies as well so... I guess our brains are just better than most brains because they know they are getting poisoned :roll: :lol:
My Company Website: http://www.oryzhon.com

hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

The sickness in the new ones are not nearly as bad if any at all. I only experience the equilibrium thing but it is going away.

You can get the Oculus Rift with touch now for $350

Return to “Off-Topic”