A shift in awareness

Keep it clean but fun.
Chris

A shift in awareness

Post by Chris »

After 25 years of being able to remember existence again, I have come to remember the two aspects you can take when you live your life. You could consider life to be negative and make your life problematic, define yourself as something other than nature rather than nature itself. However were you to shift your awareness and realize that a problem can be something positive you will realize that a problem is a good thing.

An easy way of describing my philosophy would be with money, as a lot of people like money and know what it is, but see money as a problem I will help you shift your awareness on money. You will hear people say money is not a problem. A lot of people generally come to the conclusion that people who say that must have loads of it and therefore they do not understand the statement. I will rephrase that quote to a different point of view. Money is a solution.

Now that we know that money is a solution, we can realize that money can also be something easy rather than hard to obtain. As with every solution/problem, we can use it to our advantage or disadvantage, it all depends on your point of view. Should you wish to obtain more money, you must realize, that if you spend all your money you will loose it. If you were to save your money you would keep it. And if you were to invest money you could end up with more of it. It's all down to what you do with money. So should you wish to create more money, there are many methods to invest. While investing poses a risk, so does crossing a street. You could be run over by a bus tomorrow, but chances are that if you have not yet been declared terminal you will still live for many more intervals of time. If you were to spend all your money now, you won't have more of it in the future. So it's all down to how much risk you are willing to take.

So is risk a problem? Again it all depends on how you look at it. If you were to make a risk a problem, lets solve the problem and call it risk-less. Now we know what we want. We want a risk-less way of making more money. Let's go and create it. Thankfully as with most things that already exist, there already are plentiful methods of making more money. One of them could be called arbitrage.

So now we know the method. Let's automate it, to make it easier. Your wish is my command, and voila:
https://bitbucket.org/chrishemmens/bitt ... itrage/src

Fighting for peace is declaring war on war. If you want peace be peaceful.
Jackolantern

Re: A shift in awareness

Post by Jackolantern »

I have always viewed arbitrage as medium-risk/low-reward. The medium-risk element comes in because world events can have huge, nearly instant and random effects of currency exchange rates. A single politician can throw off the value of an entire currency with no warning, any time of day. Also, say you get stuck with a large amount of currency that suddenly takes a dive because of unforeseen circumstances. You would want to wait it out until the rates become more favorable. But the problem is that the value on that money is decaying every day you have it due to inflation. I would normally classify that as high-risk, but currencies rarely ever become worthless, so your principle is usually going to be safe. At least most of it. That is in comparison to investing in a start-up, where there is a good chance your investment is going to go to 0 and the company go bankrupt.

But the rewards are fairly low. Even in your example graphic, the starting capital was €100,000 and the profit is €54. I do get your point that you want to automate it so you are doing this over and over, but if it was that easy, it would have been exploited to death a long time ago. My feeling is that unavoidable losses will even it out or at least drastically cut down on your profit over time.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Chris

Post by Chris »

If you have all of your capital on one currency the problems you mentioned are a fact. That's why you spread your capital across several currencies. The point of the article wasn't necessarily arbitrage, it was to realize money is easy to make. There are other alternatives such as buying an antminer and mining bitcoins. You could even buy a plot of land and turn it into payed parking facilities. The theory of arbitrage is that you make profit in the instance that it's available. The rest of the time you do nothing.

You mentioned inflation. Money will only ever decrease in value because of inflation. So saving money, and in the current circumstances when you don't even get your interest means you are constantly decreasing in value.

The point of my post was, you can always turn a positive into a negative, and once you have realized that, you will discover the possibility of advantages, in any aspect of life.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

It is true that inflation is a problem for pretty much all investment and saving schemes.

And I understand. There is money out there to be made. I am not sure about Bitcoin mining, though. It has turned into such a technology arms race that pretty much everyone I know who babbled in it ended up quitting because they were barely making more money than the electricity cost to mine. Now that could be very useful for the poorest people in the world who are living on less than $1 USD a day. I guess the resources needed to mine are out of the reach of this population (electricity, Internet connection, etc.). Could be interesting if those problems are solved. Making $1.25 a day isn't worthwhile for most of us, but it could be life-changing to someone living off of $0.70 a day.

But I do get what you are saying. There are a million ways out there to make money if you are crafty and really think it through.
Chris

Post by Chris »

If you want free energy make it a possibility. If you don't believe in over unity, why should you believe in under unity. Do a Google search on magnet motors.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Producing your own tax free electricity in the US may not be 100% illegal yet but it is close to happening. Many states have banned it several ways.
Chris

Post by Chris »

Capitalism. The sooner AI replaces labor, the sooner money becomes redundant, the sooner we can move onto new problems.

If they complain, tell the tax office you paid VAT/GST/Goods tax on the material you use to create your energy. And if you were to use your energy to mine crypto currency, what would that have to do with the tax office, they deal in fiat.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

hallsofvallhalla wrote:Producing your own tax free electricity in the US may not be 100% illegal yet but it is close to happening. Many states have banned it several ways.
If I remember right, what is being banned in areas is allowing people to produce their own energy and connect it back to the grid. This is because this can cause problems of power linesman being electrocuted when a line should be empty but your power is still in it, unbeknownst to them.

If you are totally off the grid, I don't think they have any leg to stand on to prevent you from generating their own.
Chris

Post by Chris »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpzZ7C5FsnU

I guess it could make sense, as it's trying to calculate every possibility based on the set amount of characters we give it?

https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/tree/master/src
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

There are some serious problems with what he is saying. Here is the first one:

"The creator of Bitcoin is the one with the ledger of all this criminal activity"

That is incorrect. Bitcoin is completely distributed, so the creator would have no idea what Bitcoin is being used for. And even if he somehow did, all that would show in the Bitcoin ledgers is the transactions, not what it was used for. The most likely reason the creator has wanted to stay anonymous is because he likely has tens or hundreds of thousands of Bitcoins stored in a wallet from when they were valueless. Knowing that someone has a stock that could ruin the world value if released would harm their potential to be an investment. This is the same reason why very few people invest in diamonds, because De Beers has enough diamonds in their vaults to drop the value of a 2ct diamond to $10. Diamonds aren't actually rare. This giant stock of Bitcoin was likely the success scenario for Satoshi to create Bitcoin.

"I've only met 2 people in the world with the skill to write Bitcoin"

But there are hundreds of other cryptocurrencies that are set up in a similar way, that use block-chain. So there are definitely not only two people who could create Bitcoin. If he meant that there are only two people who could have originally come up with the idea, that is extremely subjective. Is Mark Zuckerburg the only person who could have come up with Facebook? We will never know and it is untestable and unprovable. If he hadn't, someone else may have come up with it 12 months later for all we know.

Return to “Off-Topic”