Image hosting

Keep it clean but fun.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Image hosting

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Holy CRUD! has it gotten hard to simply host a image or what? Sites charging, wanting you to sign up, tons and tons of ads! It's crazy now.

I am going to put our own image hosting area on IR.
Jackolantern

Re: Image hosting

Post by Jackolantern »

That would be nice!

And yeah, it has gotten a lot more complicated to host images. I don't really have a problem with a lot of them trying to charge, but they pretty much all want you to sign up and confirm the email (meaning a ton of spam is coming your way) and then puke-up ads all over you.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Chris

Post by Chris »

Can't blame them, it takes time to get rid of the stomach churning things some people take the liberty of finding necessary to photograph and put on someone elses property and that time generally needs to be compensated some how due to the fact that the majority of the people in this world could be labeled as capitalists. Ads generally don't pay as much as they did in the past because people generally don't like subliminal brainwashing as it gives them the sense that they don't have control over their situation so they resort to ad blockers. Personally I wouldn't want my brain to be scarred with images I would consider to be inappropriate so I'm all for the ads to help the poor person who is probably going to end up with a broken brain to at least have the feeling that they have been compensated for breaking their brain while looking through the images and deleting the inapropriate content. More important is that they can pay for their food and a roof over their head, so they can continue to live in misery until their temple is no longer of any use and disintegrates into another form of energy.

I'm not saying I like ads, but if you expect to get something for free in a capitalistic society you would have some very flawed expectations.

Personally if I were to run such a service I would implement a crypto currency mining script instead of ads.
Last edited by Chris on Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fighting for peace is declaring war on war. If you want peace be peaceful.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Yeah, I totally understand. We are definitely paying in many different ways for the convenience of AdBlock. :|
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Chris

Post by Chris »

In the same way darkness cannot exist without light. In the same way a solution cannot exist without a problem. So the simple matter of the fact is. For every solution there will always be a new problem. You could define the new problem as a price to pay, personally I would perceive that the be a rather negative term to define the outcome. As I like to define my character as positive I wouldn't say it's a price to pay, rather that it creates a new opportunity. So hereby I shall acknowledge the solution by saying thanks for creating AdBlock.
Chris

Post by Chris »

I found a nice easy to use image host:
http://snag.gy/
you can paste and drag and drop.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Thanks!

Return to “Off-Topic”