Wurm Unlimted

Keep it clean but fun.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Wurm Unlimted

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Wurm has always fascinated me but never wanted to pay the $30 to try it. It is on sale for $8 now so wondering if anyone has played it. It looks to be the biggest sandbox mmo ever made and unlimited allows you to do single player or host your own server.
OldRod

Re: Wurm Unlimted

Post by OldRod »

I tried it briefly when it first came out. I just couldn't get into it, but a lot of people like it.

To be fair, I didn't give it much of a trial, but it just didn't appeal to me.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

I never played it but I don't think I could get into it today. From what I have heard over the years, it is the sandboxiest-sandbox MMO out there. And I need a bit more of a guided experience these days. Back years ago when I first got into Everquest I probably would have loved this, back when the idea of a living, breathing online world was so exciting. But now I am afraid I would probably get bored with it.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

I too tried it years ago briefly but I must say it is an interesting experience for the little time I tried it last night. A lot of time and work put into this. I am going to try it some more, have a private server if anyone tries it.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Are you familiar with Ultima Online? Is it more sandbox than that, if you are familiar?
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Oh yeah, I played Ultima Online back in 98 and had emulators a few years ago. WAAAAAAY more sandbox than that.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

While it sounds interesting, I would have to say that is definitely not for me. I can't keep my attention on a game long enough to actually go out and find my own things to do.

That is cool, though. Like I mentioned above, I probably would have been crazy about something like this 10 - 15 years ago. I may dig around and read some about it and watch a few videos to see how it all fits together.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

For anyone interested I built my own server and it is up 24/7. 5x exp.

I have been working and coding so much lately that I am just at that point of winding down some. I would say 10-15 years ago a game like this would have never of held my attention long enough. Now I just want to relax and get lost in another world :)
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

That is crazy because I am the exact opposite now. 10 - 15 years ago I could get lost in a game world and play sun-up-to-sun-down. Today it is hard for a game to hold my attention for more than an hour so that puts most MMOs out.

Return to “Off-Topic”