Mom

Keep it clean but fun.
SpiritWebb

Mom

Post by SpiritWebb »

My mother passed away today ( 11/11/2016 ) and I wanted to share my gofundme campaign. Here is a quote from my campaign
One of her last wishes was to be cremated and her ashes spread over the mountains of her home state of Colorado.

Unforunately, I will be unable to do this unless I can raise the funds I am seeking in order to legally tag my vehicle. Any and all funds will be going towards getting my tags done so my wife and I can fulfill my mother's last wish.
If anyone here can help, I would be forever grateful.

https://www.gofundme.com/momsmemorial2016

KyleMassacre

Re: Mom

Post by KyleMassacre »

I'm sorry to hear that. On the 27th will be the 1 year that my stepfather passed away so I know how hard and tough this all is. If I can I would like to share some things with you. If you like tattoos, what my mom and my sisters did was used some ashes and had the artist mix a small amount in with the ink (sounds pretty gross, I know!) but they are using the "with me everywhere I go in the literal sense. My sister got each of us lockets with a lock of hair and some ashes in it. And whatever is left we plan on taking to the river on his 1 year and spreading them there. And I created a little memorial website for him at http://markyunker.com (not a shameless plug) and threw a bunch of pictures and a video that was donated to us of him racing his boat.

It's pretty early right now in the am and I am in my PJs so I don't have my wallet on me but when I get a chance I will be more than happy to give what I can. I figure I can pay it forward since so many people graciously gave to us on a go fund me.

I wish you and your family the best in this time.
SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

Thank you Kyle. I will def look into the ashes/tattoo thing. I wanted to get one of dad when he passed in 2012 and have some of his ashes. So maybe will draw one up with both of them together or something.

Today we are meeting with the mortuary so I will check back here later. Again, anyone who can help, know you have my deepest love & thanks! :(

a_bertrand

Post by a_bertrand »

Sorry to heat that SpiritWebb. And all my wishes for your founding.
Creator of Dot World Maker
Mad programmer and annoying composer
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Sorry to hear. Keep your spirits high.
OldRod

Post by OldRod »

Sorry to hear of your loss.

I lost my mother back on April 10th of this year. It's a rough time to have to go through, especially with the holidays coming up soon.

Your family is in my thoughts!
SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

Thanks guys...means a lot.
OldRod wrote:Sorry to hear of your loss.

I lost my mother back on April 10th of this year. It's a rough time to have to go through, especially with the holidays coming up soon.

Your family is in my thoughts!
Sorry to hear that. Yeah, it is a rough time. My birthday is Saturday, Thanksgiving next week, Christmas next month, and brother moved to Indiana, so yeah, it has been rough. Lost my father in March, 2012.

On another note, we have reached $440 of $1200 on my campaign so far, if anyone can help, that would be great. Kyle, I saw yours, thank you so much!!

KyleMassacre

Post by KyleMassacre »

I wish it could've been more but I just spent $900 to fix my car. I don't want to sound like I'm cheap Because I really know how much this kind of stuff helps. We were lucky that my stepfather belong to an amazing boat racing community because they helped out so much more than we could have imagined but I figure that that is a couple gallons of gas or a couple drinks for the road
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

So sorry to hear that :(

Just passed the one year anniversary of the death of my father, so I know how much it hurts. It is that thing that you can never really be ready for. It still hurts but overall it is getting a bit better. But it isn't a linear process. Some days are much better than others, with almost no rhyme or reason. Stay strong!
The indelible lord of tl;dr

Return to “Off-Topic”