Goddammit windows 10.

Keep it clean but fun.
Gunner

Goddammit windows 10.

Post by Gunner »

So windows 10 decided that it was cool to restart my pc WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!!!!!!!! :x :x :x

what the hell, microsoft? Is this my computer or yours? It happens allllll the freaking time. I have so many unsaved projects and codes, and sometimes I left my laptop on overnight.. and when I woke up in the morning,

tada...

all work gone.

some goes corrupted, some are not saved.

WTF, it's driving me nuts. I can't describe it further. It's just stupidly annoying. I feel like being controlled!! IT HAPPENS LIKE 10 TIMES ALREADY. I have searched everywhere and all they told me was to enable the 'scheduled restart' but what it did was only some stupid pop up showing that your computer is going to restart in 10 minutes.. if you dont press anything then it will restart.. WTF? Why can't I just leave my PC on forever like that?

If anyone knows how to stop stupid windows 10 from auto updating like that, please let me know!!!!

as for right now im seriously considering linux for development but omg seriously....... changing OS just because your main OS is being an a*s by restarting itself? really microsoft?

god dammit, windows 10 is just a perfect OS if only they stopped all their crazy madness controlling people like this one..
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: Goddammit windows 10.

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

I hate windows 10, Everything about it. There was nothing wrong with 7. They are going more in the direction of crapple and it is pissing me off. Crapple is such a horrible OS.
OldRod

Post by OldRod »

I hear ya!

I hate getting in to work first thing in the morning and Windows is in the middle of an update... 2-3 hours long. Does Microsoft not realize that people actually use their computers for work? As in, trying to make a living?
Gunner

Post by Gunner »

Yeah, this is ultimately ridiculous for some huge product like that. What the hell were they thinking? They throw away the customization of windows like crazy. Everything is referencing to either their stupid windows store or their stupid one drive. None of which works well, and none of which that I like.

I agree with you halls, windows 7 was the true king. Windows 10 is only great if u compare it to windows 8, which in this case, is like comparing to a product thats just soooo bad that you can't find anything else worse than it. Windows 8 was the real hell.

I'm reverting my laptop back to windows 7. Screw all this.

I bought a $40 120gb SATA SSD, and I only hope it can handle windows 7 well since I remembered the booting time was like forever, and since its all my only budget for an SSD :(
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Unfortunately leaving the computer on its own has always left it vulnerable to being reset for updates. In Windows XP - Windows 8 it gave you the option to postpone the reset if you are at your computer. But even on those versions it is still starting a 15 minute countdown. For some reason on Windows 10 they removed the postpone option so it just gives you a countdown to save everything.

Either way, if you leave unsaved work on your system and walk away, on any modern version of Windows, it is vulnerable. That is one thing I have always hated about Windows in general. On Mac, there are never any automatic updates. You have to okay everything.

But very sorry to hear that about your lost work :(
The indelible lord of tl;dr
vitinho444

Post by vitinho444 »

I feel you, it never happened to me but I know how frustrating it can be.
Although, I have 3 pc's all with Windows 10 on them and I don't have any complaints, for me Windows 10 is the same as 7 just prettier. Many of my friends say that some things don't work, other things are bugged but I'm completely fine times 3 computers (all with different specs)!

I enjoyed Windows 7 too, it was XP on steroids and good for work, but ... Things gotta evolve right?

Maybe that's the problem.. they need to evolve and micro$oft isn't being able to do so with Windows 10.
My Company Website: http://www.oryzhon.com

hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

adapt, not evolve. Evolution is to survive your environment, adapting is to survive your situation. MS is trying to evolve to survive in an environment they created. They should be adapting to technology and changes instead.
vitinho444

Post by vitinho444 »

Yeah you're right. They kinda did this to themselves by forcing the update. Windows 7 was and will be more stable for some time and they should've waited for a super stable version before forcing anything..

vitinho444

Post by vitinho444 »

Linus (from LinusTechTips) just posted this on facebook:

SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

I haven't had that issue, but the issue I have now since Win 10, is the wireless will stop working. It will show there are networks available, when trying to connect, it disables it and sends it back stating there are networks available. Only way I can get it back is by restarting...oh and did I mention I got hit with that damn Watchdog sh1t, had to re-do the whole freakin computer...ugh!

Return to “Off-Topic”