Game Maker on Humble Bundle this week!!!!

Keep it clean but fun.
Gunner

Game Maker on Humble Bundle this week!!!!

Post by Gunner »

Yo guys, just wanna let you all know that there's an interesting deal over at humblebundle.com

You pay what you want for an ENTIRE pro license. No royalties, no subscription bullsh*t, just a lifetime license. However you need to buy separate export modules in order to export to various more platforms.

But those export modules are also on HB, only at a more escalating price points.

Some might be interested in this, though. I use GM currently as my primary engine for now.. It's super super noob friendly and all you need is logic to create the game. There's not much of programming rules or what not. You can however do OOP with it if you want. Hands down it is one of the most underrated engines out there.

:D
OldRod

Re: Game Maker on Humble Bundle this week!!!!

Post by OldRod »

I've never purchased a humble bundle before. Underneath the GM icon it shows "Redeem for Windows" - do you get the full package? Or just a steam key? Or what are you redeeming?
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Wow this is a SWEET deal!

I have purchased at least 20 packs from humble bundle. I love it. Most games come with steam keys to redeem, others have a direct download, and some are both.
Gunner

Post by Gunner »

OldRod wrote:I've never purchased a humble bundle before. Underneath the GM icon it shows "Redeem for Windows" - do you get the full package? Or just a steam key? Or what are you redeeming?
There's 2 versions of GM, the steam and non-steam. You get the non-steam version key to be redeemed on their website yoyogames.com

Wait did you just say... You've never purchased a humble before?! :shock:
hallsofvallhalla wrote:Wow this is a SWEET deal!

I have purchased at least 20 packs from humble bundle. I love it. Most games come with steam keys to redeem, others have a direct download, and some are both.
A sweet deal indeed :D
Yeah I also check HB quite regularly.. They sometimes have quality offers at $1.. :roll:

I already got the pro version and the android export since like a year ago, and now I just got the HTML5 export, and I tried running it, and holy freaking crap :o My game just runs amazingly on my browser.. it can even detect gamepad inputs from the browser itself.. stable 60 FPS also...

with this I can create quality portable games with such little coding knowledge... :roll:
I'll be posting my project soon in this forum I think :P
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Very awesome and thanks for posting this.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Holy crap! Even having no real plans to use Game Maker, this is about $400 or $500 worth of GM software for as low as $15. And the source code for almost all of the games that it comes with is awesome as well since you can play the games and dissect the GM projects to learn how they did cool things. I just grabbed it myself. How can you pass that up?

Thank you for posting this!! 8-)

EDIT: Oh no, I was off a bit. It would actually cost at least $950 for all of that software. Never mind the fact that the UWP module can only be obtained with the GM Master Collection. I didn't count the price of the Master Collection because you get some other stuff in there as well that wasn't included in the bundle but you would be over $1500 if you had to purchase every module in this bundle.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

I am so glad I saw this, was using the one from Steam to learn how to do turn based strategy, and thanks to this post, have the full version with all the export support (HTML5, Android, iOS, UWP) WOOT!

Also grabbed Tropico 4 since it was free!

OldRod

Post by OldRod »

I grabbed it as well. This was too good a deal to pass up :)

Now, if I'll ever find time to do anything with it, that's another story :roll:
Gunner

Post by Gunner »

No prob. Glad I could share something useful :D
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

If enough people begin using it we can make a small section here. I know they have a forums but trust me when I say their community can get quite annoying and childish. It has been a few years since I been there but I definitely did not like it.

I just bought 3 copies of it.

Return to “Off-Topic”