Car Accident

Keep it clean but fun.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Car Accident

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Hey guys and gals. I was in a nasty car accident Saturday. A driver who was texting ran a red light and T-Boned us at 50mph right on my side. Flipped us in the air and landed on the car's side. Thankfully we both walked away from the accident but my spine and neck are all jacked up as well as tons of bruises. I ill be around but not as much as normal for a bit.
SpiritWebb

Re: Car Accident

Post by SpiritWebb »

HOLY SHIT. :o Glad your all OK. Hope you get to feeling better!

Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Holy crap! This texting and driving is seriously getting out of hand. I think we as developers are going to have to provide the solution. But that is a conversation for another day. Hope you get better and hold out on that insurance agent until you get EVERYTHING back you lost plus a good little pile for pain and suffering. I will be around more to keep an eye on things here (not like it is really needed nor has it been needed in years with our awesome members) so don't worry about it! Just get some rest and feel better! :D
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Dominion

Post by Dominion »

That sucks. Glad to hear you're ok.

Using your phone well driving is illegal here. People still do it but I wouldn't change that law. Way too many people don't pay attention to the road and forget a car can be dangerous.
vitinho444

Post by vitinho444 »

Wow.. I wish you the best recovery halls, but damn... When you put things in perspective, when you are driving you are basically putting your life on other people's hands... what a shame, that person that hit you should have his/her driver license revoked and banned for f*cking life, pay up your physical + moral damages, and still going to prison, because that's a crime, I would say attempt murder by negligence (here in Portugal it exists, don't know about the U.S).

Wish you the best again :)
My Company Website: http://www.oryzhon.com

hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Thanks everyone. We immediately got a lawyer because I do not know whats worse. Getting hit by a car or dealing with the insurance agencies :P
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

hallsofvallhalla wrote:Thanks everyone. We immediately got a lawyer because I do not know whats worse. Getting hit by a car or dealing with the insurance agencies :P
Just before you really get the lawyer on the job, see what they offer in settlement. If they know you have already contacted a lawyer they may give you what is right. Because once the lawyer is on the job they will take 50% of the award. Not that getting one is always a bad thing, since oftentimes a lawyer can get you 10x more, making the 50% a bargain.
OldRod

Post by OldRod »

Glad you are all OK, but wow, what a close one!

I've had several close calls over the past few years and every single one of them has involved the other person using their cell phone. What I don't get is that texting while driving is illegal in Kansas - why does nearly every driver I meet have their phone out and propped up on their steering wheel, using it while they drive? Do the police not watch for that kind of thing? Heck give me a gun and a badge and let me make some money writing tickets :)
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Unfortunately it is pretty hard to catch people doing it. And unlike drunk driving where the person is still drunk when pulled over, it is very hard to prove. That is why I mentioned above that I think software is the key. Put cameras up high and pointing down at an angle in traffic to see in and downward into the car. You would have to create recognition software to determine if the person is texting and then just automatically send them the ticket like they do with stop light cameras.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

no way was I gonna wait for a lawyer. State Farm as already lied to me twice and it has been 6 days and they still haven't even looked at my car! These insurance companies love running people through the ringer. They are professionals at it.

Return to “Off-Topic”