hours of development time

Keep it clean but fun.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

hours of development time

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

So I have a flight to London, England in a few weeks. All together it will be 25 hours of flight time round trip. That's 25 hours stuck in a plane and supposedly no internet. This sounds like a great time to work on a game so I am setting g a challenge to build a game in that time. Now just trying to figure out what to build!
Ringmaster

Re: hours of development time

Post by Ringmaster »

Good Luck finding a device that will keep powered for 25 hours =)
On long flights I take a nap, oh, eat the airline food, time for 40 winks, get a drink of water, get back to that dream I was having, stare aimlessly out of the window looking for the little demon on the wing (that I seen on the twilight zone, so it has to be true) and that's about it.
The constant drone of the engines make it hard for me to concentrate on anything, hopefully you will have better luck and build something fantastical, like a way to incorporate aerial combat into an isometric tiled game map. :o
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

They do have power outlets on the flight so the Surface Pro 3 will be running the whole time :)
KyleMassacre

Post by KyleMassacre »

Well make sure your not hotlinking your libraries like jquery. That would be a real bummer to forgot to download a copy before you go haha.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

haha true dat but I never(rarely) do that just because I do fly so much and deal with hotel wifi all the time :)
Chromeozone

Post by Chromeozone »

If you're stopping off in London Ill come meet you :)
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

I am but not sure how long I will be there. I have to take the train to Nottingham. I will have one weekend there so lets definitely set something up! Anyone else in the area?
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Awesome idea! As an extension to Kyle's advice, make sure you grab any NPM, Bower, Nuget, etc. packages you need before leaving. Maybe you should even get the foundation setup ahead of time to make sure you haven't forgotten anything.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

definitely, I may work on your MUD actually. Get it all up to date and start adding some more features.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

That would be awesome :)

I really don't know if 25 hours is going to be enough time to fix everything that is wrong with it, though :lol:

That code seriously embarrasses me today!
The indelible lord of tl;dr

Return to “Off-Topic”