Thank you. To all of you.

Keep it clean but fun.
62896dude

Thank you. To all of you.

Post by 62896dude »

Hey everyone,

Welp, it's been about 3 years since I was active on here. For those of you who were around/may remember, I tried making the Harry Potter Destiny game way back in 2012 with another programmer from the forum. While the game never came to fruition, I'm here to say thank you to each and every one of you.

I'm a sophomore in college, and I just landed an internship for this coming summer. During the interview process, they asked me about a project I worked on in the past and what I learned from it, and HPD immediately came to mind. I learned so much more from that process than I realized and you all helped me every step of the way. I'm going to make it my goal to become more active on here again and contribute however possible. It's the least I can do for such an incredible community that I've so regrettably fallen out of touch with.

You all rock. And I like rocks.

~62896dude (I hate the username now but I'm over it haha)

EDIT: I just read through a lot of my old posts. All I can say is that I'm glad I'm not 2011/2012 me anymore. It's a scary place.
Languages: C++, C#, Javascript + Angular, PHP
Programs: Webstorm 2017, Notepad++, Photoshop
Current Project: HP Destiny
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: Thank you. To all of you.

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Nice but also thanks to you. It has been said that we are the stackoverflow of PBBGs. We get tons of people that come here looking for answers and never really post. It is those of you that make games whether it is an attempt or completion that make this site great.
SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

Congratulations and thanks to you as well, as Halls said above. I don't think I could say it any better than that!! :mrgreen:

Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Wow, congratulations! Working on your own projects outside of school, whether they are games or "traditional" applications, gives you such a huge advantage versus others who don't. I definitely discovered that when I got my job (which is sadly what has been eating up a lot of my time recently, leaving less time to be active on here). But as others have said, thank you as well! Even though HPD didn't end up being released, it was a huge inspiration to a lot of people on here, myself included. :)
The indelible lord of tl;dr

Return to “Off-Topic”