Chicken Little Storybook

Keep it clean but fun.
D3luxe

Chicken Little Storybook

Post by D3luxe »

For my Multimedia class we have to make a storybook in class. I spent a couple hours last night and a couple hours today setting up all of the backend code for it (page flipping, conditional animations, etc) and got the loading screen, start menu, and first page done. Overall it's gonna be 10 pages. The backend system for it was the biggest pain in the ass to do, but now that that is done the rest of the pages should be a piece of cake to finish up since pretty much all I have to do is create the graphics for them.

It was kind of annoying setting up a loading screen, seeing as if you have any sort of internet that could load google it will probably load this immediately which means it skips the loading screen..I'm assuming the file will get to a decent size later on though so it'll be helpful later, plus now I have a loading system I can easily plug into any project.

Check it out..The graphics will probably go through an overhaul if I have time later on, this whole thing is more about the coding than anything.

http://sites.google.com/site/icephoenix ... -storybook

That is my website I just started (I hate google sites but don't feel like making a legit site and it works fine so whatever), and I'll be posting updates/future projects on there.

My storybook is gonna have kind of a puzzle effect to it..You have to figure out what to do on each page to get more of the story and allow you to go to the next page. If you know the story (which you probably do) it should be easy enough, though.
Adobe Photoshop CS4/Illustrator CS4
Adobe Flash CS4
3DS Max & Maya
PC Spec:
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 (2.8ghz)
8gb 800Mhz DDR2 RAM
1gb nVidia GTX275
2TB SATA HD
Windows 7 RTM
D3luxe

Re: Chicken Little Storybook

Post by D3luxe »

Final version updated on the website.

I had to rush this (if that's what you want to call it..). I forgot my external (where my project was) at home when I was there over the weekend, and had to have it shipped to me. I didn't get it until yesterday at about 4PM. I've been working ever since (currently 4:45AM) to get this done for my class that is at 9AM. So, almost 13 hours on it, but it's still "rushed" per se...I just needed to get it finished.

Any comments? I know theres some bugs, but frankly it's almost 5 in the morning and I'm dead tired, and really don't care enough to fix them. Maybe I'll try before class starts tomorrow, but right now all I crave is sleep and to be rid of this project.

Over all, a rough estimate of about 3500-4000 lines of code, 6 characters with at least 2 animations each, 12 pages.
Adobe Flash CS4
3DS Max & Maya
PC Spec:
8gb 800Mhz DDR2 RAM
1gb nVidia GTX275
2TB SATA HD
Windows 7 RTM
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

I like it! The words are sometimes not aligned in bubble and I got a little confused on what to do but other than that its great. Bravo man and good luck with it.
D3luxe

Post by D3luxe »

hallsofvallhalla wrote:I like it! The words are sometimes not aligned in bubble and I got a little confused on what to do but other than that its great. Bravo man and good luck with it.
Thanks.

I planned on adding some text near the top as a narrator type to tell you what to do, but I just couldn't work on it any more. Then I get to class today and my teacher says that if our storybook isn't done we can have another week to work on it :evil:

Oh well, it's done for the project and it wasn't exactly something I wanted to work on anyway, so I'm done with it, lol.
Adobe Flash CS4
3DS Max & Maya
PC Spec:
8gb 800Mhz DDR2 RAM
1gb nVidia GTX275
2TB SATA HD
Windows 7 RTM
SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

D3luxe wrote:
I get to class today and my teacher says that if our storybook isn't done we can have another week to work on it :evil:

Your teacher = EPIC FAIL!

D3luxe

Post by D3luxe »

SpiritWebb wrote:
D3luxe wrote:
I get to class today and my teacher says that if our storybook isn't done we can have another week to work on it :evil:

Your teacher = EPIC FAIL!
Tell me about it. He said that he told us it was due in 2 weeks because if he said it was due in 3 we'd wait till the last minute to do it. :roll:
Adobe Flash CS4
3DS Max & Maya
PC Spec:
8gb 800Mhz DDR2 RAM
1gb nVidia GTX275
2TB SATA HD
Windows 7 RTM
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin