I got a job!!

Keep it clean but fun.
Jackolantern

I got a job!!

Post by Jackolantern »

I got my first real software development job! I haven't even graduated yet (graduating in May) and have a job lined up. I will be moving into the heart of downtown Houston. Also got offered 50% more money than I expected, so a big bonus there (the 3.92 GPA helped with that, I think). I will be heading to Austin, TX in June for a bootcamp training session lasting 2 weeks :shock:
The indelible lord of tl;dr
vitinho444

Re: I got a job!!

Post by vitinho444 »

WOW MAN CONGRATZZ!!!!

Here in Portugal they say that we students get job offers before we even graduate too, so that's kinda normal.

Do you know exactly what you'll do? If someone came to me and said "hey wanna join company X as a software developer?" i would be like "what will i do?" because saying software developer is really like saying "i work".. at least for me. Can you describe your future function a little more? :)

CONGRATULATIONS
My Company Website: http://www.oryzhon.com

SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

Congrats bro!

hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Congrats!
OldRod

Post by OldRod »

Way to go!!

Can you say who it is? Or is it someone we might have heard of? :)
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

It is a company called Sogeti :) Probably not anyone you have heard of, even though they are a massive global company lol
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Callan S.

Post by Callan S. »

Congrats, Jack! Have a good one! :D

*And punt a small fraction of income to the third world...okay, I couldn't help but add a guilt trip! Though it's valid - we can't just help ourselves but then when things go wrong expect others to help us*
Xaos

Post by Xaos »

Congrats!!!
vitinho444

Post by vitinho444 »

Callan S. wrote:*And punt a small fraction of income to the third world...okay, I couldn't help but add a guilt trip! Though it's valid - we can't just help ourselves but then when things go wrong expect others to help us*
Don't want to start a discussion on this, but actually, some people don't like asking for help. And Jacko's salary is not giveaway, he has to work hard for it, he HAD to work hard to get here in the first place. But I get you either way ;)
My Company Website: http://www.oryzhon.com

Return to “Off-Topic”