Insane ebay auction

Keep it clean but fun.
Jackolantern

Insane ebay auction

Post by Jackolantern »

Wow...look at this. This is one of the craziest ebay auctions I have ever seen. First and foremost, I have no idea who is going to have the $100k to grab this entire lot. I would say the odds of it selling are pretty close to 0. But I can understand them not wanting to break it all up and spending the next 3 years selling it all off piecemeal, even if it would net them more money.

For any fans of retro gaming and late 80's/early 90's game mags, there are tons of treasures in this lot that us not-rich-kids could only dream about having such as the Neo Geo AES Gold, Pioneer LaserActive, Turbo Duo, and others. Throw in tons of other rare odds-and-ends like the N64 Disk Drive, Vectrex, an original Odyssey in-box, Coleco Adam, etc. This guy is selling his entire, very impressive game collection in one lot. Craziness...
The indelible lord of tl;dr
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: Insane ebay auction

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

I have no idea what it is. Terrible ad.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Sorry, ad for what? The LaserActive?

EDIT: Or do you mean you have no idea what the auction is for? It is for so much stuff it is hard to wrap your mind around everything that is included. That said, I do highly doubt there is $100k worth of stuff in it. Even with the Pioneer stuff, unless there are some hidden artifact games in there that bring the price up (and I can see Magical Chase on the TG16 isn't one of them), it is probably worth $50k tops. I really hope the seller isn't thinking that people should pay more for the privilege of getting it all in one lot, when the way the world works is that you should pay less for buying it all in one :P
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Yeah the auction, sorry. Very confusing. Seems like a gimmick or something.
OldRod

Post by OldRod »

No no... just read the massive wall of multi-colored, multi-size text and it explains it all. Of course you will have gouged your eyes out before making it to the bottom... but hey, you wanted to know :)
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Exactly. It does list it all, but it is such a giant collection that the entire listing equates to a wall of text. There are entire lists of rare consoles simply added in at the end of a few lines. There are only a few people on YouTube that a I know have bigger collections than this (Pat Contri, James Rolfe, Joe Redifer/James White, etc.) even though it is heavier on hardware than software. It is just crazy that it is all in one lot.

But again, unless I am missing some stuff or am unfamiliar with the prices on some of these things that I am just glancing over, it really is more in the $50,000 value range I would believe. Again, no Magical Chase, no gold Nintendo World Championship cartridge, etc. None of those $10k+ games.

Also, it ended, and...surprise, surprise, it didn't sell. It is an amazing collection, but just way out of the price ranges of most of the people who would want it, and probably quite a bit overvalued as well.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

yeah I mean who does it appeal to? The collectors but they are usually guys living in their basement. Not like someone has a collection of Picasos next to their Nintendo cartridge collection :) However 20 years from no that might change.
KyleMassacre

Post by KyleMassacre »

The Adventures of Willie Beamish for SegaCD really caught my eye though lol. I used to play the hell out of that game when I was a kid. Worth 100k? I'm not too sure but items in their cases and boxes may make it worth it for the nostalgia and the good times when us 30+ year old dudes were little rascals.

Return to “Off-Topic”