Got a Samsung Note... but..

Keep it clean but fun.
MikuzA

Got a Samsung Note... but..

Post by MikuzA »

Hello guys,

So I obtained my First 'tablet' around 6 months ago, had an Idea that this might make able me to keep my game dev with me at all times where ever I go.
I didn't want to get a laptop for this. But I bought a 'tablet-keyboard' to assist me on writing code instead of the touch screen keyboard.

So my problem is..
I don't use it :D
-The tablet keyboard is just a pain in the butt.
-I have some ideas during of game dev but it feels like a nuisance to start typing things into a tablet of ideas. (Also due to the Note has a 'pen' so writing is also a problem).

So, what I'm asking here is that,
Have you guys done any development with a tablet?
If so, with what and how?
Do you use it at all to development? Planning? Testing?

My only pros in this tablet is now that I have an Android device that I could possibly test a Android Game for a tablet, of course this could be done with simulators on a Windows PC but still, the 'feel' is better than a simulator.

I'd like to give my tablet another chance but I have difficulties to get any ideas how to actually get a benefit of the device in my gamedev/other dev.
Why so serious?

Business Intelligence, Data Engineering, Data Mining
PHP, HTML, JavaScript, Bash/KornShell, Python, C#, PL/SQL
MySQL, DB2, Oracle, Snowflake
Pentaho, DataStage, Matillion, Unity3D, Blender
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: Got a Samsung Note... but..

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

I also bought a tablet in hopes of developing. I have a Surface Pro with Windows 8 and at one time I had a Samsung Note. Neither are suitable for much more than watching movies and quick browsing the internet. Game Development definitely did not work for me. Tablets are just too small and with a keyboard are too clunky.

Return to “Off-Topic”