PHP Game Engines

Keep it clean but fun.
Epiales

PHP Game Engines

Post by Epiales »

Just curious if there are php game engines out there that are worth anything. I don't really know any other language. I guess I could learn, as I'm a fast learner, but just curious is all... Thanks

EPI
Nothing fancy, but a work in progress!

http://gameplaytoday.net
a_bertrand

Re: PHP Game Engines

Post by a_bertrand »

What do you want to do? What kind of game? Explain a bit more your project and then we could try to help you. Just like that it's a bit hard.
Creator of Dot World Maker
Mad programmer and annoying composer
Epiales

Post by Epiales »

a_bertrand wrote:What do you want to do? What kind of game? Explain a bit more your project and then we could try to help you. Just like that it's a bit hard.
Well, I'm working on a project now in php. I'm not overly advanced in php, but I have learned a tremendous amount of php from everyone here the last year. I feel pretty comfortable about expanding my knowledge of php, so I was thinking of some type of game engine if php had one. I guess I'm looking at making the game I am currently working on more interactive. My php knowledge doesn't extend to those lengths, so thought an engine that I could learn would be more beneficial. I am currently working on a mafia style game right now, which I hope to finish eventually.

1. Register/Login/Sessions/email verification/lost password/
2. Members own profile page/can upload images for avatar/change password/others able to see players profile
3. Buying a house and allowing users to turn on/off security system for rob protection, store money in a bank, and later, when higher level, have a safe
3. Central Park is where they will mug people to get rewards if successfully done...if not, they receive a ticket. Also can do a search of the part to find items that are lying around
4. Have implemented a quest system where users can do quests to obtain things
5. Have an attack system (not the best now, but it works)
6. Have a ranking page as well as a members page
7. Have where one can add or remove friends from their friends list
8. Have an inbox system where users can send/read/reply/save their messages
9 Have an attack log system where you can see what players attack you
10. Have a health and experience system with bars that show progress
11. Have a place where players can buy gun shops in order to get so many bullets per hour. Bullets are used to attack players, so they need them. The more gun shops they have, the more ammunition they can acquire per hour. Cron job for this is written into the php code, so don't have to worry about that part.

That's off the top of my head, but about covers what I"ve done so far. Everything works, but haven't done any code to where it actually uses money, or you lose health when attacked, ect... That can be implemented anytime. Also will be making an electrical/energy progress bar that shows how much electricity left on their security system. When they run out of energy, then the security system will no longer protect them.

I would like to add an area where players could interact with others somehow. I'm not sure php can do that or not, but figured a game engine in php would allow me to look into more things that I am not aware of at the moment.

a_bertrand

Post by a_bertrand »

If you have already all that, why are you looking into a framework / engine? What do you expect it will bring you?
Creator of Dot World Maker
Mad programmer and annoying composer
Epiales

Post by Epiales »

a_bertrand wrote:If you have already all that, why are you looking into a framework / engine? What do you expect it will bring you?
I don't know, just trying to expand my knowledge. I figured an engine would have more detail and extra things that I am not aware of being able to do myself, and I could look at code to see how they do it. I'm just curious.

Return to “Off-Topic”