Internship..

Keep it clean but fun.
D3luxe

Internship..

Post by D3luxe »

As part of my college course I have to do an internship for whichever company I wish (and can get into, of course..)

At the moment, I already have the chance to take an internship at Armstrong White, a 3D Design company near me...which is pretty awesome that they want me already considering internship isn't until Junior year (I'm a freshman..)

Here is their demo reel..They do some very good work, and I very well may be interning there soon!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1KWrmx0Uio[/youtube]
Adobe Photoshop CS4/Illustrator CS4
Adobe Flash CS4
3DS Max & Maya
PC Spec:
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 (2.8ghz)
8gb 800Mhz DDR2 RAM
1gb nVidia GTX275
2TB SATA HD
Windows 7 RTM
Last Known Hero

Re: Internship..

Post by Last Known Hero »

That's badass, congrats :) I'm not a big fan of their animation though :\
Power3DArt

-Current Project: Fault [Pre-Alpha]
D3luxe

Post by D3luxe »

Last Known Hero wrote:That's badass, congrats :) I'm not a big fan of their animation though :\
Thanks.

The only one I don't really like is the beginning of the jeep & tornado animation, when the jeeps wheels spin..that is so ridiculously fake it looks horrible. The rest looks pretty good and smooth imo.
Adobe Flash CS4
3DS Max & Maya
PC Spec:
8gb 800Mhz DDR2 RAM
1gb nVidia GTX275
2TB SATA HD
Windows 7 RTM
towcar

Post by towcar »

Yeah, I've seen the wheels like that in many commercials, its because I'm pretty sure they don't properly calculate speed and wheel rotations when there Animating.
Last Known Hero

D3luxe wrote:
Last Known Hero wrote:That's badass, congrats :) I'm not a big fan of their animation though :\
Thanks.

The only one I don't really like is the beginning of the jeep & tornado animation, when the jeeps wheels spin..that is so ridiculously fake it looks horrible. The rest looks pretty good and smooth imo.
The Kia Infinity and the ones before that are nice, the challenger camera waas too jerky and quick.. the spin inside of the car wasn't all appealing to me either..

The jeep wasn't bad, it seemed to me to be a rushed animation, they could have taken more time..
The toyota and lexus was pretty nice, they almost lost it at the end with the lexus imo..
The convertable lexus was too quick, then the last spin of the interior i wasnt keen on again.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bad talking them I just feel that they could have done better with the camera movements. The modeling is beautiful and very life like.
Power3DArt

D3luxe

Post by D3luxe »

Last Known Hero wrote:
D3luxe wrote:
Thanks.

The Kia Infinity and the ones before that are nice, the challenger camera waas too jerky and quick.. the spin inside of the car wasn't all appealing to me either..

The jeep wasn't bad, it seemed to me to be a rushed animation, they could have taken more time..
The toyota and lexus was pretty nice, they almost lost it at the end with the lexus imo..
The convertable lexus was too quick, then the last spin of the interior i wasnt keen on again.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bad talking them I just feel that they could have done better with the camera movements. The modeling is beautiful and very life like.
While I agree with you on those points, you have to realize that this is just a demo reel too..those are not their full animations as the actual animations are like 30 second commercials. I do think they may have rushed them a bit, though.
Adobe Flash CS4
3DS Max & Maya
PC Spec:
8gb 800Mhz DDR2 RAM
1gb nVidia GTX275
2TB SATA HD
Windows 7 RTM
Last Known Hero

Haha yeah I geus I didn't think of that. But I do hope that you get your internship there :) that would be pretty interesting to hear what you think of the 'biz'
Power3DArt

D3luxe

Post by D3luxe »

Yeah definitely, thanks.

Another studio that I have a high chance of getting into it Creative Capers in California (which would be AWESOME!)

http://www.creativecapers.com/

One of my teachers used to be a director at that studio, and he said it's a definite possibility for me to get in when I get to my junior year or so. That'd be sweeeet too.
Adobe Flash CS4
3DS Max & Maya
PC Spec:
8gb 800Mhz DDR2 RAM
1gb nVidia GTX275
2TB SATA HD
Windows 7 RTM
Last Known Hero

Take a look at alot of different places IMO, any experience would be awesome to have. Especially if it's a company that has worked for some other big named companys. Sorry, I'm really interested in this topic, not too many 3D people around here :(
Power3DArt

D3luxe

Post by D3luxe »

Last Known Hero wrote:Take a look at alot of different places IMO, any experience would be awesome to have. Especially if it's a company that has worked for some other big named companys. Sorry, I'm really interested in this topic, not too many 3D people around here :(
Yeah I plan on it, I have a couple years before the internship so I have some time to find a good one.

Creative Capers actually does work for big companies. Disney, Sony, Universal Studios, etc. They do some nice work.

Ofc I'll still be looking around though.
Adobe Flash CS4
3DS Max & Maya
PC Spec:
8gb 800Mhz DDR2 RAM
1gb nVidia GTX275
2TB SATA HD
Windows 7 RTM

Return to “Off-Topic”