Mechanical Keyboards

Keep it clean but fun.
Xaos

Mechanical Keyboards

Post by Xaos »

Who here has a Mechanical Keyboard? I'm thinking about asking for one for Christmas, been wanting one since I tried one out at BestBuy :D
Jackolantern

Re: Mechanical Keyboards

Post by Jackolantern »

I actually had to Google this one since I wasn't familiar with it (I am rarely in the market for a keyboard) and was surprised to read that mechanical keyboards are the same as the old keyboards we were using back in the 90's. I hate those things! I am a very powerful typist, and on old school keyboards it is far too loud. But I am also an unorthodox typist.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Xaos

Post by Xaos »

Yeah, they are the same as the old keyboards. I, too, am a 'powerful typist' and type very fast and very loud even with my membrane keyboard, but I never am typing at light-speed when people are in the room because it's only when I'm writing/coding, which if I have company the TV will be on or something and if not it doesn't bother me, so that's not too big of an issue. I was curious about how different they felt but BestBuy had a Razer mechanical keyboard out for display and it was like heaven at my fingertips!
Sim

Post by Sim »

I had to google it too. Lol

http://www.pcworld.com/article/240939/m ... itch_.html

I think it would be cool if they did this for my laptop so when I move my hands of my laptop when I am in the dark. I don't have to put my hands to the top of my screen, move the screen down to see where to put my hands on the keys in the proper place to type. Then place my screen back up. Then put one of my hands back down

On another note, on the google image search for "Mechanical Keyboard" I seen some really trippy ones. It would be pretty weird if the keys was alternating colors going around the keyboard in patterns. "Mechanical Keyboard Hack 101". Hackers being sending Notes to other hackers to there keyboards "Warning: FBI Coming" it be flashing over and over.
oRPG Creator - Make Your Own Browser Game
oRPG Creator on Facebook
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

I have got one for my Beast machine. I like them.

Return to “Off-Topic”