Demons Souls

Keep it clean but fun.
Jackolantern

Demons Souls

Post by Jackolantern »

Demons Souls is a new Action-RPG (but not like Diablo) for the PS3. I had not heard about it until the day it came out, so it seems to mostly be passing under the radar. However, it is getting rave reviews. I recently watched the GameSpot Video Review for it, and it looks extremely interesting. The link goes to the review page, and I suggest at least checking out the video review linked on the same page. The multiplayer is really the main innovation in this game. It has the regular co-op and competitive modes, but more interestingly, you can also see ghost images other players playing the same area you are in at the same time. You can also see their ghosts after they have died, so you can be careful not to die the same way. The game is supposedly punishingly difficult, so this is helpful. Fitting in with the high difficulty, the you can also leave notes anywhere in the game for other players to read. In the review, one example was a note saying that the next boss was weak to poison. Players reading your notes and rating it as useful will grant you extra experience, and useful notes help them pass by a difficult part in the game, so both sides benefit. Useless messages are quickly deleted as they gain poor ratings, so leaving bad messages is mostly pointless.

All in all, it sounds very innovative, and I suggest checking out the GameSpot video review to see it in action.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
kyraneth

Re: Demons Souls

Post by kyraneth »

i have seen this name appear all over the net these few days, thanks for the link, i will check it out :)
Just FYI, the post is above, so stop looking down here and do something useful.

king noob. Nice.
Sakar

Post by Sakar »

Thanks for the link. Will add this game to my list, looks really great!
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

I would love to play it. My only concern is the difficulty and "frustration factor" that the review talks about. I am past the stage in my gaming career where I want the most hardcore challenge possible. I will typically beat a game on Normal and never go back to play any harder settings that may get unlocked. I also don't like trial and error gameplay. However, there must be something very special about it, and I am tempted to check it out, if nothing more than to experience the odd multiplayer features.
The indelible lord of tl;dr

Return to “Off-Topic”