Ludum Dare 30

Keep it clean but fun.
LNitewing

Ludum Dare 30

Post by LNitewing »

The latest LD competition starts in about 2 days. http://www.ludumdare.com

I've never done any type of thing like this before. I've always gone with the philosophy "Go big or go home!" which has gotten me in trouble or into overwhelming situations too many times. I'm thinking of making something small in a weekend instead of something planned that will take months if not years. If I decide to do it, it'll be the 72 hour jam and I'll be using Unreal Engine 4's Blueprint system. It will be a challenge because the mentality I have and of course my distractions. :P

What do you guys think, and anyone else thinking of competing? 8-)
Sanity is vastly overrated!
Twitter: @LNitewing (Personal Account), @NitewingGaming (for general development progress and stuff), @NiziniaGame (for specific updates on FKoN).
Jackolantern

Re: Ludum Dare 30

Post by Jackolantern »

I have never competed in one before. Something always seems to come up lol.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
OldRod

Post by OldRod »

I can't complete a game ever... in my whole life... how could I do it in 48/72 hours? LOL
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

OldRod wrote:I can't complete a game ever... in my whole life... how could I do it in 48/72 hours? LOL
You have to set your sights much lower than a long-term project. Check out what the bulk of entrants look like. Yes, there are some that look like long-term projects, and I have always wondered if maybe some people are pushing the rules a bit, but the majority are games that are in the realm of possibility for a weekend.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
LNitewing

Post by LNitewing »

I believe I'll attempt it, you never know what might come with it. It might not get done, but It'd still be an attempt. :) There are 4 obstacles I see for myself:
* Come up with an idea on the fly based on a certain theme.
* Trying to keep it small during the competition.
* I'm easily distracted.
* I'm completely new to UE4 with only watching a few hours of tutorials.

The jam will allow me to use any free assets at my disposal. So we'll see what happens I guess. ;)
Twitter: @LNitewing (Personal Account), @NitewingGaming (for general development progress and stuff), @NiziniaGame (for specific updates on FKoN).
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

I am in!! I was in last years and had a blast. Anyone want to team up? Would need skype or something like it so we can work together.
LNitewing

Post by LNitewing »

I would, but I want to play with UE4 before I start my 3D dungeon crawler. This gives me the perfect chance to do just that and feel like its productive. :P

I'm also going to record it and do a time-lapse for it.

Return to “Off-Topic”