Inspiration

Keep it clean but fun.
Verahta

Inspiration

Post by Verahta »

If you have doubt that you can achieve your goals, take a look at this, pretty incredible:

http://irisclasson.com/about-iris/
Iris Classon is an appreciated speaker, writer, blogger and Microsoft C# MVP with a tremendously passion for programming. She has had a remarkable career path that proves that nothing is impossible- as a licensed and registered clinical dietician she decided in 2011 that she wanted to learn programming and rapidly went from 0 to 100. Within her first year, she earned MCSD, MCPD and MCTS certifications and was invited to join MEET – Microsoft Extended Experts Team, in addition to landing a fulltime developer job after just six months and a position as a Technical Evangelist for the renowned international company Telerik as well as earning a Microsoft MVP award for her contribution to the dev community.
"In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion".
Jackolantern

Re: Inspiration

Post by Jackolantern »

How exactly do you become a Microsoft MVP? I have wondered this before.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Verahta

Post by Verahta »

I don't know, but six months after writing her very first line of code, she landed a full-time .NET developer job in Gothenburg, Sweden. I must admit part of me wanted to think her boss had a crush on her, but her accomplishments and accolades are impressive and clearly she earned it with hard work. In an interview she said she barely had time for anything else, she ate and breathed code in those first six months:

[YouTube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PHH-T41VdY[/YouTube]

Didn't notice this before, post about her first year entering the world of programming:
http://irisclasson.com/2012/07/13/my-fi ... y-12-2012/
"In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion".
Sharlenwar

Post by Sharlenwar »

Meh. This just proves what humans are capable of. If we were to really commit to something, then our will is unmatched. She essentially did what was necessary to achieve what she set out to achieve. No doubt, looks is a factor, but what I see is someone who chose to do something and did it.

She seems to be the embodiment of what our human spirit, will, and intellect can do. Like a Mozart, Beethoven, etc.
Deep within the Void of Quasion, a creation.

**My Corner of the Web**
***NEW***GrindFest - My own PHP/MySQL game!
Sharlenwar's Adventures
Torn-City - Massively multiplayer online text based RPG
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

I question this whole story. Would be interesting to fact check.
Sharlenwar

Post by Sharlenwar »

hallsofvallhalla wrote:I question this whole story. Would be interesting to fact check.
Definitely! But if it is real, then it is something that us humans are capable of. Just need the right reason to do so.
Deep within the Void of Quasion, a creation.

**My Corner of the Web**
***NEW***GrindFest - My own PHP/MySQL game!
Sharlenwar's Adventures
Torn-City - Massively multiplayer online text based RPG
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

I could see it being real. Working very hard at something, getting a few lucky breaks at the right time and being decent looking can really get add up to make some things happen :P
The indelible lord of tl;dr
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

I can see it being real too. No doubt about it. My own story is a bit of a tale however this one smells of something I have seen quite a bit on the internet. A bold story, some staged pics, some well placed "ads" and bam! you got a money making blog site. It just looks too much like one of those emails you get from Nigeria claiming your lost uncle left you 10,000,000 in oil reserves.

Return to “Off-Topic”