How old are you and Are you in college or Finished College?

Keep it clean but fun.
Sim

How old are you and Are you in college or Finished College?

Post by Sim »

I am 31, got 18 credits and about to start my 3rd semester. I go to Strayer University if any of you heard of it.
oRPG Creator - Make Your Own Browser Game
oRPG Creator on Facebook
Chris

Re: How old are you and Are you in college or Finished Colle

Post by Chris »

All these terms for the different types of schools around the world.

I'm 22 and I will be starting my bachelor degree in Software Engineering at the end of this month :D
Fighting for peace is declaring war on war. If you want peace be peaceful.
OldRod

Post by OldRod »

I graduated college in 1982... bachelor's degree in accounting. Been a CPA ever since.

Yes... I'm really old :shock:
Sim

Post by Sim »

Chris wrote:All these terms for the different types of schools around the world.

I'm 22 and I will be starting my bachelor degree in Software Engineering at the end of this month :D

I forgot to mention what I am going for "Bachelor in Programming"
oRPG Creator on Facebook
LNitewing

Post by LNitewing »

I'm nearly 26 and have 88/127 credits complete. I'm going for a Game and Simulation Programming degree from DeVry (reallly expensive university). :P
Sanity is vastly overrated!
Twitter: @LNitewing (Personal Account), @NitewingGaming (for general development progress and stuff), @NiziniaGame (for specific updates on FKoN).
Sim

Post by Sim »

LNitewing wrote:I'm nearly 26 and have 88/127 credits complete. I'm going for a Game and Simulation Programming degree from DeVry (reallly expensive university). :P

Nice, is that only Online?
oRPG Creator on Facebook
Verahta

Post by Verahta »

32, got an Associates Degree in Multimedia and Web Design ten years ago from the Art Institute of Seattle (class of 2004). The program taught basic web design, audio engineering, video editing, and art; so while it was fun it unfortunately made me a: "Jack of all trades, master of none", as the saying goes. I spent most of the past ten years doing ecommerce, internet marketing, and other things including some graphic design, and a little basic front end web design (I have spit out my fair share of Wordpress sites for clients). I even did some construction work for awhile.

Now, I am teaching myself math, science, computer science, and electrical engineering. My goal is to learn the equivalent of a degree in CS & EE and eventually go back to university if I can save enough on the side to afford it. My future career goals lie in the areas of robotics/drones, website/mobile apps, and on the side: games.
"In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion".
LNitewing

Post by LNitewing »

@Sim yea, I'm taking the online courses. The nearest campus was over 100 miles from me and I didn't feel like moving at the time. :P
Sanity is vastly overrated!
Twitter: @LNitewing (Personal Account), @NitewingGaming (for general development progress and stuff), @NiziniaGame (for specific updates on FKoN).
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

I am either 32 or 33 (I honestly can't remember), and I am in college now. I am a senior, with 103/124 credit hours towards a Bachelor in Computer Science. I spent some time in my 20's working in telecommunications and decided I didn't want to do that anymore after I got laid off from my last job in that industry.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Ark

Post by Ark »

21, I quit college about a year ago. I was going for a civil engeneer degree until I realized that there was literally no jobs and that industry was falling. There is no software engineer degree here in Honduras, so I taught myself some javascript and I'm a freelancer now. I work on internet freelance jobs, but I also work with some companies on my city. All in all I'm happy with my income, I earn way better than the average salary here for now, and I'm optimist that I can double my hourly rate by next year. Though I would like to study in the US either software engineering or data scientist.
Orgullo Catracho

Return to “Off-Topic”