Enough Content for a KickStarter?

Keep it clean but fun.
Sim

Enough Content for a KickStarter?

Post by Sim »

How many screenshots should you include for a KickStarter? IndieGoGo? If you already have a site up but need $ to expand should you show the site even if its alpha/incomplete/a little buggy?
oRPG Creator - Make Your Own Browser Game
oRPG Creator on Facebook
OldRod

Re: Enough Content for a KickStarter?

Post by OldRod »

I say show enough that anyone looking at the project will have a clear understanding of what you are trying to do, and where you currently are. Then when you describe what you hope to add via the KickStarter, people can see that in relation to what you already have in place.

This will vary from project to project, of course, but I'm of the opinion, the more you can show off, the better.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Videos are a must and funny ones are a plus. Kickstarter is strange on the projects that get funded. The devs at kickstarter are completely moronic when it coes to their picks as well. I have a friend who nearly sued them over a project that was completely offensive and it was even a dev pick!
Xaos

Post by Xaos »

I hate the layout of the kickstarter website. Its so hard to find all projects and they aren't sub-categorized well (you cant even find subcategories) so that doesnt surprise me.

Just think, do you have enough content to ask someone to give you money. Would you give yourself money based on that concept?
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Yes, a video is a must. Many people won't read a KS page until after they watch the video. And you need to be in the video. That is something I see all the time as being a big difference between getting funded and not. I think when they see you, it adds some trust, and trust is a huge factor on KS.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Sim

Post by Sim »

Think I got enough content for a kickstarter if I made a video? Should I sound super gangster and throw the word and be like "This is the Founder of oRPG Creator YO!!!!!!! and I bring you a new creation on the iNET mother fERS..." that be classic
oRPG Creator on Facebook
Callan S.

Post by Callan S. »

Jackolantern wrote:Yes, a video is a must. Many people won't read a KS page until after they watch the video. And you need to be in the video. That is something I see all the time as being a big difference between getting funded and not. I think when they see you, it adds some trust, and trust is a huge factor on KS.
Yeah, seems a good tip to be seen in the video!
Sharlenwar

Post by Sharlenwar »

I like how Steam does their Greenlighting. :)
Deep within the Void of Quasion, a creation.

**My Corner of the Web**
***NEW***GrindFest - My own PHP/MySQL game!
Sharlenwar's Adventures
Torn-City - Massively multiplayer online text based RPG
Sim

Post by Sim »

Sharlenwar wrote:I like how Steam does their Greenlighting. :)

What's that?
oRPG Creator on Facebook
Sharlenwar

Post by Sharlenwar »

Steam Greenlight is a way for developers to get their game made, similar to Indegogo, Kickstarter, etc. Check this out: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/abou ... ection=faq

Of course you are reliant on the Steam community, but it is a way to fund your game while you are developing it. I have purchased many games in an Alpha state this way, as I want to support their development. Like here is a game that looks promising: http://survivethenights.net/

Just another way for someone out there to get their game out.
Deep within the Void of Quasion, a creation.

**My Corner of the Web**
***NEW***GrindFest - My own PHP/MySQL game!
Sharlenwar's Adventures
Torn-City - Massively multiplayer online text based RPG

Return to “Off-Topic”