Javascript = Wat

Keep it clean but fun.
Mardonis

Javascript = Wat

Post by Mardonis »

Dows anyone know how Gary Bernhardt or seen this video on the many weird things javascript does? It started to make me think and wander how things work behind the scenes. The book I'm reading now is by Mark E. Daggett called Expert Javascript. It is a pretty neat read so far. The chapter that I am on now (Chapter4, Jargon and Slang) is talking about this, basically calling it "Progrommatic Jargon".

The actual video explaining it.
https://archive.org/details/wat_destroyallsoftware
Chris

Re: Javascript = Wat

Post by Chris »

I don't get why he finds this weird. Is quite humorous. Maybe I've been working with JavaScript too long but it all seems perfectly logical to me.
Fighting for peace is declaring war on war. If you want peace be peaceful.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Javascript was a rushed project. It was created in a matter of weeks, whereas most programming languages are made in months if not years.

Javascript definitely definitely does some weird stuff, but there is a powerful and elegant language under the oddities. It is still my favorite programming language.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Xaos

Post by Xaos »

Javascript = Wat
or
Javascript == Wat
or
Javascript === Wat

which is it? :lol:

JS is definitely a powerful and useful language. While it has quirks, there isn't a suitable replacement right now, IMO.
Callan S.

Post by Callan S. »

It's quirks probably say more about us and our ways of thinking than about it. :)

Return to “Off-Topic”