Net Neutrality

Keep it clean but fun.

Re: Net Neutrality

Postby vitinho444 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:48 pm

So.... 3 years later... it's finally here isn't it?

Anyone has some new points? :/ :?
My Company Website: http://www.oryzhon.com

vitinho444

Postby hallsofvallhalla » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:22 pm

Were all f&*ked!!!
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby vitinho444 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:17 am

Well.. I know it may sound like a stupid thing to say, but let's wait and see maybe. Yes in theory, it's bad. But maybe it's not THAT bad... I don't know.. I just hope it doesn't reach Europe.

On a political side, why haven't lobbies been banned yet? For me that's the ridiculous part of the whole story, the mere possibility of buying votes.. just stupid.

vitinho444

Postby Jackolantern » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:07 am

Here in the US (and likely in other countries, too, since this isn't just a US thing), we have mandatory political science classes. Everyone walks out of the classroom a little angry after the lesson on lobbying. Both parties in the US depend on it heavily, and yes it is basically allowing wealthy powers to buy laws that benefit them.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Jackolantern

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby vitinho444 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:38 am

I think it's a little like currency/money. It's been here for so long that change is hard and everyone's afraid of it.

Just sad.. but there's nothing we can do... :cry:

vitinho444

Postby KyleMassacre » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:13 pm

This just chaps my hide and one of th reasons I don’t like capitalism in its whole. The US version of capitalism by definition is an oxy moron. Capitalism is to create a free market and open trade and have prices set by the company in charge of the product.

Here is where it goes wrong: you now have ISPs that basically have full control of what sites you can go to and how fast you can connect to them even though you pay for 100/100. So they can say “Netflix, time for you to pay our ransom or our customers will only get 1/2 the speed”. That will cause Netflix to adjust their price so that WE pay the ransom on top of paying for our 100/100 speed when we only get 50/50 on certain sites without a discount.

This right here is exactly why we have regulations. It’s to protect the consumer.

Another problem with our Capitalism is the USPTO. That just secures companies that can afford to dish out the money to pay for patents and trademarks to keep control over the market. So, what free market do we have then?
My NWE Modules
KyleMassacre

Postby hallsofvallhalla » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:31 pm

I think you are missing the point of capitalism. When comcast tells Netflix to pay us more Netflix simply joins forces with a comcast competitor and says Netflix says they will not pay the ransom. Comcast customers can no longer access netflix causing an a huge amount of people to compain and drop service all the while the competitior runs ads on TV saying how they CAN access Netflix while comcast cannot not. Boom! Comcast grants netflix access back.

No this is not capitalism, this is a failed government that is allowing this.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby KyleMassacre » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:56 pm

That is correct as well but then there is the fact that not all providers are in all areas. For example, I can’t get Comcast or Verizon so who knows if a lot of people will be able to get the ISP that believes in Net Neutrality.

I understand the main purpose of Captialism is to limit the Governmnet from telling companies what they can charge for their service, but without the Government stepping in and saying “Hey” we will have another Epi Pen problem granted th 2 industries are different. Now if only we had some sort of Consumer Protection Agency. Oh wait, we do! It’s called the FTC which is battling the FCC over jurisdiction of the WWW because “Data” to the FCC is not considered “Comminications” and therefore not their problem.
My NWE Modules
KyleMassacre

Previous

Return to Off-Topic