PS4

Keep it clean but fun.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

PS4

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Just bought one, got the camera and an extra controller.

Not super impressed yet. The graphics to me are no different than the PS3 or Xbox360. The camera however is pretty friggn sweet! To bad there are no games for it other than what comes with the console.

All in all I might get rid of it. I wanted it to develop on as PS4 annouced they would be indie friendly when in reality they are not. You have to be a part of a corporation as well as show off a ton of successful projects then pay $2500 to even be considered. Blah.
vitinho444

Re: PS4

Post by vitinho444 »

Wow.. that's not indie friendly at all ..

I lost faith in consoles when I bought my new PC that handles most games. I still have my ps3, where I only play like GTA V, but PC is the future for me really, I can play here, I can develop here, I can do anything.

You know what would be cool for indies? If the cam had motion sensors so we could create our own animations :) that would be sweet!
My Company Website: http://www.oryzhon.com

hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Kinect can do that. Many indies use it for animations on their models.
vitinho444

Post by vitinho444 »

But Xbox360 online mode is subscription based :( I don't like that at all... One of the reasons i didnt get the ps4 was for that too.

hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

It is well worth paying for it. PS3 network proved that with free service that was/is horrible. You get what you pay for.
vitinho444

Post by vitinho444 »

hallsofvallhalla wrote:It is well worth paying for it. PS3 network proved that with free service that was/is horrible. You get what you pay for.
Besides the Hacking to their database's i had 0 complaints about it... What you mean by horrible? (What points)

hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Much slower and less uptime than Xbox. Far less features. I get two free games a month on Xbox Gold.

I am BLOWN AWAY how Xbox and Call of Duty makers have allowed anyone and every hack their games. I will never buy another Call of Duty game again. The newest Call of Duty has invisible people running around and no one is doing anything about it.
vitinho444

Post by vitinho444 »

hallsofvallhalla wrote:Much slower and less uptime than Xbox. Far less features. I get two free games a month on Xbox Gold.

I am BLOWN AWAY how Xbox and Call of Duty makers have allowed anyone and every hack their games. I will never buy another Call of Duty game again. The newest Call of Duty has invisible people running around and no one is doing anything about it.
When I played (in my time) you knew you were safe from hackers on the console... But no more. It's a shame. And Call of Duty producers are the most "i dont give a cr*p" about players ever, so no surprise they don't ban those guys. I remember one time that in MW2 you could have your fingers shoot AC-130 rounds...

About the Xbox Gold, well it never failed to me (PSN), besides that hacking time, i just want to play online and only pay for my internet connection, that's it. Have the game makers make their own servers like they used to do!

Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

hallsofvallhalla wrote: I am BLOWN AWAY how Xbox and Call of Duty makers have allowed anyone and every hack their games. I will never buy another Call of Duty game again. The newest Call of Duty has invisible people running around and no one is doing anything about it.
This isn't so much about the network. This is just a side-effect of non-centralized servers, which is the model of pretty much every FPS. Instead of maintaining secure servers, they simply allow one of the connected players to be the "server" that maintains the game rules. However, as soon as people figured this out, of course their next step was to rip apart their Xbox, connect it to a computer and create hex-editing tools. Your information is just kept locally and uploaded to the next server, so it isn't easy to get this stuff weeded-out.

The only answer is to create centralized, secure servers, but the incredible costs to develop current-gen games coupled with the fact that continued online play brings little extra income for these companies mean that peer-to-peer networking is pretty much the only economical choice.

However, for PC games, this is one of those cases where game piracy is coming to the rescue! PC game piracy has grown to be such a problem that now PC game developers are seeing centralized servers as the only means of making a profit. Games such as SimCity and Diablo 3 don't allow any P2P play and, as a side-effect, the number of cheaters has been brought down drastically.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
vitinho444

Post by vitinho444 »

Yeah, i read that CoD producers do that because even though CoD 20 is out, you can still play CoD 4 thanks to that "non-centralized" servers. Every industry will converge to the point that all they care is profit, if they need to take down a big part of the game to make more money, they will..

Return to “Off-Topic”