Dream Job

Keep it clean but fun.
Xaos

Dream Job

Post by Xaos »

What is everyone's dream job -- programming or otherwise? Mine would probably be a managerial type role in a AAA game dev company where I could also roll my sleeves up and code on the game when I could. A good alternative would be a cool astrophysics programming job where I could work remotely if I so choose (If I want to develop a model simulation of two stars exploding at the same time in near galaxies while sitting at home in my whitey-tighties, I want to do it damnit! :lol: )
Xaleph

Re: Dream Job

Post by Xaleph »

Who`s to say you can`t? No one`s stopping you right? xD

My dream job? It`s a hard question, I would love to work on games for a living, either as a programmer or game designer. I wouldn`t mind being a manager of some division, as long as I too could still do my functions as a programmer there. Good management = no intrusion right? Steer only when needed?

I`d love to work on games like Banished! or Civilisation-like games. Or work on games like Destiny. Or any blend of those types of games. Let me rephrase that, I`d like to work on games I`m interested in playing :)
Script47

Post by Script47 »

I've always wanted to program for Jagex (making Runescape) or Mojang (making Minecraft). It would be quite an experience.
Gunner

Post by Gunner »

Professional E-sport athlete for Dota 2 of course :)
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Lead singer of top rock band.
vitinho444

Post by vitinho444 »

hallsofvallhalla wrote:Lead singer of top rock band.
Wow. Just wow :D You're only old enough to apply for that when you die ;)

I wanted to be a REAL programmer (not like those people who call themselves programmers for the big companies, I see soooo many errors in AAA titles geez... I know what you are going to say "the game probably has 1 million lines of code and it's hard to manage all that", well they are BIG companies for a reason right?) and work on either a company with respect from the community (not like every AAA game producer/publisher nowadays) and have some good titles released that players actually enjoyed, gave feedback to make it better, and it actually would become better with that feedback.

It's my dream :) , But will be harder with this new generation that all they care is graphics and graphics.
My Company Website: http://www.oryzhon.com

Xaleph

Post by Xaleph »

No offense, but to even get accepted to work for those triple A studio`s, you better show some real skills. The reasons these games fail from time to time is because of time, pressure, workload and management. The individual people working there have some real skills man.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Xaleph wrote:No offense, but to even get accepted to work for those triple A studio`s, you better show some real skills. The reasons these games fail from time to time is because of time, pressure, workload and management. The individual people working there have some real skills man.
not really. I know some guys at AAA studios and yes they know their job but they are not that much higher level than other programmers I know. Some of the best programmers I know work for startups.
Chris

Post by Chris »

Picking out of my nose. Hope to earn a million doing this. Then I can live on intrest for the rest of my life.
Fighting for peace is declaring war on war. If you want peace be peaceful.
vitinho444

Post by vitinho444 »

Xaleph wrote:No offense, but to even get accepted to work for those triple A studio`s, you better show some real skills. The reasons these games fail from time to time is because of time, pressure, workload and management. The individual people working there have some real skills man.
I'm not saying they don't know what they are doing, but there are some serious rookie mistakes in AAA games, that I can say "Well if it were on Unity I could fix that in 2 seconds" and I believe that IW engine, R.A.G.E, Frostbite 3, etc etc ARE more capable than Unity and should have more controllable stuff, so they could fix it.

Also, the problem with AAA games is that they don't give a cr*p about actually playing them to see how they are... Indie teams test their game, ask for feedback, get feedback, fix the feedback, test again, etc and its by playing that you fix the bugs.
My Company Website: http://www.oryzhon.com

Return to “Off-Topic”