Indie Game Challenge

Keep it clean but fun.
Last Known Hero

Indie Game Challenge

Post by Last Known Hero »

Got an e-mail today about a warning for the Indie Game Challenge, figured I would post it although I am not sure if anyone here is in that kinda of developement stae yet, although I couldn't help but read that it is only for US Residence, that kind of breaks my spirit, I don't ever expect to win it if I COULD enter, but still sucks :P. I've never heard of this challenge until last night (when I got the e-mail), anyone care to fill me in on some of it?
Power3DArt

-Current Project: Fault [Pre-Alpha]
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: Indie Game Challenge

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

got a link? never heard of it..
Last Known Hero

http://www.indiegamechallenge.com/

got it in the Torque Newsletter, but it seems to NOT be limited to torque users.. just to anyone who has a beta version of a game.
Power3DArt

hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

ah yes this contest. Its nearly over and it seemed to "big dog" for me. If I am correct it had a huge entry fee.
D3luxe

Post by D3luxe »

hallsofvallhalla wrote:ah yes this contest. Its nearly over and it seemed to "big dog" for me. If I am correct it had a huge entry fee.
Yep, you're right. It had a not-so-indie entry fee, and with such the big sponsorship/prize the teams it was attracting were ridiculous, I'm sure.
Adobe Photoshop CS4/Illustrator CS4
Adobe Flash CS4
3DS Max & Maya
PC Spec:
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 (2.8ghz)
8gb 800Mhz DDR2 RAM
1gb nVidia GTX275
2TB SATA HD
Windows 7 RTM
Last Known Hero

It is definetly a huge contest, but $100 to try an showcase a game that you have created (finsihed possibly) isn't too bad. As far as the teams go I would agree, although I don't think it would be as big as you expect (alot of indie devs in the Europe area) as it is strictly US I'm sure it was still big but not huge.. Oh well though :P Would be interesting to see who won and what their project looks like.
Power3DArt

hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

i thought is was more than $100.
Last Known Hero

I read through the whole official rules, not sure if I missed anything/forgot anything but (copy pasta) says:

A copy of the payment confirmation page from PayPal for a $100 non-refundable application fee, which must be submitted via PayPal on the Contest Website. Members of the GameStop Edge Card program may submit $75, instead of $100, upon providing Edge Membership account number, located on the back of the Edge Membership card, during registration on the Contest Website. By law, residents of Arizona, Connecticut, Maryland, North Dakota, and Vermont do not have to pay an application fee.
Power3DArt

Perry

Post by Perry »

Last Known Hero wrote:By law, residents of Arizona, Connecticut, Maryland, North Dakota, and Vermont do not have to pay an application fee.
I officially move to maryland and launch my crappy little more than tech demo game into the contest.... Who is with me?
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

wow thats crazy, whats so special about those states?

Return to “Off-Topic”