Merge YouTube Accounts?

Keep it clean but fun.
OldRod

Merge YouTube Accounts?

Post by OldRod »

Years ago I made a YouTube account. This was before Google had anything to do with YouTube. All the channels and videos I subscribe to are on this account and it's the one I've always used (never uploaded anything though)

Now in the past year, Google has linked my Google Account with YouTube and every time I go there it either prompts me which account I want to view videos with, or (more frequently) it just signs me in with my Google account and I have to manually switch back over to the other account to see my subscriptions.

Is there any way to copy the subscriptions from my old account to the new one? I Googled this and everything I can find uses Google+ to do it and I don't use Google+ (nor do I want to).

I suppose I could manually go through and re-subscribe to all the channels, but it would be nice if there was a way to just copy them.
Jackolantern

Re: Merge YouTube Accounts?

Post by Jackolantern »

Google has been trying to use everything possible to funnel people into G+. I honestly think the whole YouTube thing was them just trying to pump up G+'s user numbers with YT's.

As far as the issue goes, I have no idea. They have been changing YouTube every 2 or 3 weeks it seems. The other day I was trying to do something on YouTube, and found an article that outlined how to do it. It was only 1 month old, and it was already obsolete :|
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Sharlenwar

Post by Sharlenwar »

Google owns YouTube for those who don't know. Thus the reason for integrating G+ into YT. I have a channel and everything under my YT account, which isn't associated with my G+ account. I know under G+ you can make profiles which allow you to use them as your YT.

As far as transferring your subscriptions, I personally deal with the whole sign in and pick which one to sign in on.

I wish there was a better alternative to YouTube.
Deep within the Void of Quasion, a creation.

**My Corner of the Web**
***NEW***GrindFest - My own PHP/MySQL game!
Sharlenwar's Adventures
Torn-City - Massively multiplayer online text based RPG
OldRod

Post by OldRod »

Well, I messed around with things a while and now my YouTube page is rearranged LOL

I accidentally removed the sidebar that lists your subscriptions on my work computer. It's still there on my home computer... is there a way to get it back?
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

I have no idea how someone who uses YouTube could not know it is owned by Google today. Every 30 minutes they will jump on top of your head and scream in your face about linking something to G+, going to G+ to change a setting that should be in YT, etc. I understand why they are doing it. Google+ just has not taken off the way they wanted it to, and Facebook and Twitter are still king, so they are trying to leverage their huge member numbers in YT for G+. But it is ridiculous. I seriously started looking for a good alternative when they f#&@ed-up comments. "Umm...where is the reply link? Wait...you want me to go to Google+ to respond to a comment in YouTube?! Hahahahahaha! No."
Sharlenwar

Post by Sharlenwar »

And have you found a replacement? Or is YT king of the Let's Play's?
Deep within the Void of Quasion, a creation.

**My Corner of the Web**
***NEW***GrindFest - My own PHP/MySQL game!
Sharlenwar's Adventures
Torn-City - Massively multiplayer online text based RPG
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

I got an email today that someone has responded to one of my YT comments (I know, I know, "Don't comment"). I clicked the link to the video from the email, and there was my comment, with my YT username with the response below it, and in the corner it showed I was signed-in under that username. The screen turned dark, and a pop-up appeared asking me what username I wanted to post under. And here was only one choice: my real name. I knew when YT got pushy about asking me to use my real name some months back eventually the choice to use a custom screen name was going to go away one day. Apparently, that day has come for me. It wouldn't have even made sense, because a follow-up reply would have looked like it was from someone else. I am so, so sick of Google thinking everyone wants to use their real names on the Internet. Why would I?

Return to “Off-Topic”