Personal Sites?

Keep it clean but fun.
Xaos

Personal Sites?

Post by Xaos »

I've finally started on my personal website and made a design and whatnot, now just have to fill in content. How many of you guys have personal websites, and want to share links?

Mine is BrianChristian.tk. Give me critiques of the design and whatnot as well :D
KyleMassacre

Re: Personal Sites?

Post by KyleMassacre »

Your template seems a bit off centered kind of pushed to the right, it maybe my phone though but it's simple but nice color pallete
Xaos

Post by Xaos »

KyleMassacre wrote:Your template seems a bit off centered kind of pushed to the right, it maybe my phone though but it's simple but nice color pallete
Oops, thanks for pointing that out. Moved it to the left a bit and now I think it is centered. About to upload the files now.

Alright, uploaded, and a contact form has been placed.
a_bertrand

Post by a_bertrand »

Personally, I do have enough projects sites which takes away enough of my free time. A personal site? No I wouldn't know what to put there.
Creator of Dot World Maker
Mad programmer and annoying composer
vitinho444

Post by vitinho444 »

Xaos wrote:
KyleMassacre wrote:Your template seems a bit off centered kind of pushed to the right, it maybe my phone though but it's simple but nice color pallete
Oops, thanks for pointing that out. Moved it to the left a bit and now I think it is centered. About to upload the files now.

It's not fixed in mine though.

One thing i can already point is that i have a nice internet 120mb and it took me too long to load up the images. My suggestion is that you go to subtlepatterns.com and find yourself a seamless background there (in css it will repeat it self) and it will load much faster and look way cooler than your current one. Also, I don't know if its just me, but i personally don't like black websites, they are too "heavy" (metaphorical heavy) in my opinion.

I had a personal one, simple made with jQuery and HTML/CSS, but i lost it because i deleted my entire website :/. I was thinking in creating another one, but im not really a creative guy... I can find a template (image) on google images and copy exactly as it is to code, but i cant really create my own :( sadly..

Good luck on your website and projects ;)

PS: When i opened it, it doesn't show any content, was it just to show off your design or there is content but i didnt see it?
My Company Website: http://www.oryzhon.com

Xaos

Post by Xaos »

vitinho444 wrote:
Xaos wrote:

It's not fixed in mine though.

One thing i can already point is that i have a nice internet 120mb and it took me too long to load up the images. My suggestion is that you go to subtlepatterns.com and find yourself a seamless background there (in css it will repeat it self) and it will load much faster and look way cooler than your current one. Also, I don't know if its just me, but i personally don't like black websites, they are too "heavy" (metaphorical heavy) in my opinion.

I had a personal one, simple made with jQuery and HTML/CSS, but i lost it because i deleted my entire website :/. I was thinking in creating another one, but im not really a creative guy... I can find a template (image) on google images and copy exactly as it is to code, but i cant really create my own :( sadly..

Good luck on your website and projects ;)

PS: When i opened it, it doesn't show any content, was it just to show off your design or there is content but i didnt see it?

Are you on a phone or computer when you try to load? I noticed on my phone it doesn't load the images well and the design is really changed. I'll def. be creating a mobile version.

Also, I have a strange issue. My background appears different on all three main browsers.

Firefox - http://gyazo.com/6dbb5c89963ee52ce62976ae96f6a24e.png
Internet Explorer - http://gyazo.com/027873a34058223cd532a15cb64d0410.png
Chrome - http://gyazo.com/f58e6cd22d917de020bcd00309afd459.png

The Chrome version is the original picture, the kind I want. IE is crap so I'm not too worried about trying to fix it for it, but why is it F*ing up on Firefox? It seems like FF is doing some kind of "color fixation".
vitinho444

Post by vitinho444 »

I was on my computer. 1920x1080 ;)
I never saw that color bug before... maybe he thinks your image is damaged :P

I don't think you need a mobile version of your personal site... What's the point really?
My Company Website: http://www.oryzhon.com

Xaos

Post by Xaos »

vitinho444 wrote:I was on my computer. 1920x1080 ;)
I never saw that color bug before... maybe he thinks your image is damaged :P

I don't think you need a mobile version of your personal site... What's the point really?
It'd just be something simple where you could see the content. Im looking for freelance web#software design and development so I wanna make it all nice and whatnot :D
Dominion

Post by Dominion »

Xaos wrote: The Chrome version is the original picture, the kind I want. IE is crap so I'm not too worried about trying to fix it for it, but why is it F*ing up on Firefox? It seems like FF is doing some kind of "color fixation".
Xaos wrote: It'd just be something simple where you could see the content. Im looking for freelance web#software design and development so I wanna make it all nice and whatnot :D
I don't know if I'm alone in this, however if your own site didn't look correct in the browser I was using I wouldn't bother to contact you. IE is still a major browser I don't understand why you would ignore it especially if you're looking to showcase your own work.
MikuzA

Post by MikuzA »

Xaos wrote:I've finally started on my personal website and made a design and whatnot, now just have to fill in content. How many of you guys have personal websites, and want to share links?

Mine is BrianChristian.tk. Give me critiques of the design and whatnot as well :D
I had once a personal site, but I never had time to keep it up to date.
What I once planned to do is a open profile of myself for everyone to see, even NSA. Idea was mostly for recruiting/project purposes..

However, my current job makes that kind of site obsolete. Due I work in a worldwide IT solution/consultancy company which allows me to basicly to do whatever related to IT if my current assignment starts feeling dull.
So I technically do not have to change my job anymore, just my assignment. (Unless I get fired of course! :D)

But I have got the urge to go freelance at some point then probably.. or just start a company with less information about me and concentrate on what is that I can offer.
Why so serious?

Business Intelligence, Data Engineering, Data Mining
PHP, HTML, JavaScript, Bash/KornShell, Python, C#, PL/SQL
MySQL, DB2, Oracle, Snowflake
Pentaho, DataStage, Matillion, Unity3D, Blender

Return to “Off-Topic”