000webhosting.com help :(

Keep it clean but fun.
neronix17

000webhosting.com help :(

Post by neronix17 »

wasnt sure where to post this so it seemed best to go here, I signed up for http://www.000webhost.com/ and thats was about 10 days ago, Ive tried logging in every day and i was able to one of those days but unable to do anything on it. It comes up with the message
* This account is not active yet, our administrator will setup it in 24 hours.
Ive not recieved a confirmation email and I believe thats the problem, I checked the forums etc, and it says to check spam and make sure they dont block it, and since it says that google mail works fine then thats not the problem there. I did try to contact them...repeatedly...and got no reply, if this is what the service is usually like then Im sure as hell not going to go with them. Any ideas on what I should do? Or does anyone know a webhost that has MySQL, PHP and supports crons?
This isnt just a gimp mask...This is an S&M gimp mask...
Last Known Hero

Re: 000webhosting.com help :(

Post by Last Known Hero »

Some of the problems with verification could come with how you paid. It can take some time to get things processed. I know my paypal takes 6-8 days to withdraw from my bank (since im in Canada and not using credit card) so that could be some of your problem. I say give it a few more days, while trying to contact them and if it doesn't improve then. Or if it requires using the activation before you start you could have typed in the incorrect e-mail adress and someone else is getting the confirmation letter.

Not sure about the MySQL, PHP and cron support but I think a few people here use godaddy and get those services.
Power3DArt

-Current Project: Fault [Pre-Alpha]
SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

Alright, I have the same webhost. Heres how it works. It means that they are verifying your site, and it can take a while to do. Bare with them, they hand check each site, no computer checking invloved. :) they did with mine, it was down for about 9 hrs or maybe a little longer, idr...

neronix17

Post by neronix17 »

Last Known Hero wrote:Some of the problems with verification could come with how you paid. It can take some time to get things processed. I know my paypal takes 6-8 days to withdraw from my bank (since im in Canada and not using credit card) so that could be some of your problem. I say give it a few more days, while trying to contact them and if it doesn't improve then. Or if it requires using the activation before you start you could have typed in the incorrect e-mail adress and someone else is getting the confirmation letter.

Not sure about the MySQL, PHP and cron support but I think a few people here use godaddy and get those services.
I stopped reading at "how you paid" since I signed up for the free part and have no intention of paying till I know a service is worth paying for, so its not that.
SpiritWebb wrote:Alright, I have the same webhost. Heres how it works. It means that they are verifying your site, and it can take a while to do. Bare with them, they hand check each site, no computer checking invloved. :) they did with mine, it was down for about 9 hrs or maybe a little longer, idr...
Thatd be fine if I even had a site with them yet, I know they do it manually but when it says in 24hrs I expect it done within 24hrs. I cant even post on the forums so whats the point in them saying to go there?
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

thats free hosting for you. It can take a while.
Last Known Hero

Post by Last Known Hero »

neronix17 wrote:
Last Known Hero wrote:Some of the problems with verification could come with how you paid. It can take some time to get things processed. I know my paypal takes 6-8 days to withdraw from my bank (since im in Canada and not using credit card) so that could be some of your problem. I say give it a few more days, while trying to contact them and if it doesn't improve then. Or if it requires using the activation before you start you could have typed in the incorrect e-mail adress and someone else is getting the confirmation letter.

I stopped reading at "how you paid" since I signed up for the free part and have no intention of paying till I know a service is worth paying for, so its not that.
Oh sorry, was just throwing suggestions out there for ya :? Well if it was a free account I wouldn't be complaining then, it's free. They are probably looking after their paying customers before free ones.
Power3DArt

-Current Project: Fault [Pre-Alpha]
neronix17

Post by neronix17 »

thats a stupid way of doing it then, id of upgraded my account to the paid one if they showed that their service is worth using, so far theyve shown they dont give a crap.
SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

Give it time. I had to wait for mine, but like I said, it took mine 9 hours to approve, when it said 2 to 3 hrs before it would be ready. So glad at least they told you 24 hrs. But its a free site, so it will take them time. Just be patient...its worth it after they approve it to be safe! :)

neronix17

Post by neronix17 »

as i said, its been almost 2 weeks lol
SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

neronix17 wrote:as i said, its been almost 2 weeks lol
Have you tried opening a ticket and find out what is taking so long? I know you will still be able to open the CP, just cannot work on the site. Try opening a ticket.

Whats the website if you don't mind, so I can see...

Return to “Off-Topic”