Skyrim

Keep it clean but fun.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Skyrim

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Yeah I know its an old topic and has been out a while but I recently picked this back up and man what a game. How a RPG should be done. Just amazing game play and sense of accomplishment. I am really having a blast now because I think I did some things a bit backwards and have barely done the main quest yet but am level 18 with mad sneak, bow and one handed skills so I am just slaughtering things. I can sneak around and shoot people from the dark and do soooo much damage they go flying like 10 ft back. Its sooo sweet. Not sure whether to join the rebellion or the imperial army though...
overras

Re: Skyrim

Post by overras »

A great game! I choosed Rebelion :D , their quests are very fun. I would love to see a browser rpg on skyrim ideea, creating a hero, joining one of the alliances, capturing castles ehe, just dreams. :lol:
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Ride horses, fight dragons, search houses, buy and decorate houses, massive world, game changing choices and quests....yeah would be fun...
Xaos

Post by Xaos »

The rebel and imperial missions are relatively the same, so you're not missing out either way. Basically its who do you want to fight against at the end? ;)

But Skyrim is great. The openworldness is amazing.
BobMann

Post by BobMann »

My problem with the game is no real feel of cause and effect. I killed the emperor and the only thing that seemed to change was the guards getting two new lines of speech.
Verahta

Post by Verahta »

I still play Morrowind from time to time :D
"In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion".
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

BobMann wrote:My problem with the game is no real feel of cause and effect. I killed the emperor and the only thing that seemed to change was the guards getting two new lines of speech.
Well it depends on the quest. Some quests do have real cause and effect. Others do not, but in my opinion Skyrim is the closest we have to that. At least in Skyrim you can actually kill anyone you want!

I could not imagine the amount of extra work it would be to add a cause and effect to every character in that game. Granted it would be awesome but at this stage of the game it is good to at least see games take that direction. Even if it is a slow process.
Mardonis

Post by Mardonis »

Just picked up this game in the legendary edition for XBox360. Can't seem to put it down and stop playing. Having too much fun. Only level 8 right now and on some quest where I have to kill the leader of some camp. While on my way to it i was sneaking around at the very top of a mountain and forgot to look one way and had a Ice Troll if I remember the name right, and next thing i know im being chased by it and 6 other animals. So i just turned right back around and had the naimals fallow me right to the troll and It killed every one of them and it was still alive. Guess I'll have to come back to him when I'm leveled more. Wood Elf, Archer, Bow, Sneak, Pickpocket, Lockpick, Leather. Also forgot, there was a about three guys that came up to me all casual like and caught me off guard cause I thought everything was fine, but turns out they were hired from somebody cause I had accidently stole something (don't remember what). Took me a couple trys but eventually I downed them and found the contract from them. As soon as I find out where that person is located at that put the hit on melets just say that ill be waiting in the dark at night for him or her to get home and has gone to bed. Playing this game brings back memories of the first original on PC. I think if something like this on the browser would be a hit.
a_bertrand

Post by a_bertrand »

Skyrim is certainly one of my preferred game. There is so much to do, and still have loads of fun with it. On the other side, you don't have player interaction (which for me it's a pro).

On the web, WEBGL will quite certainly NOT handle such kind of things. Simply the amount of texture and 3D model is too big, and streaming it from the server doesn't seems an option. For a 2D (isometric) this is the kind of game I'm after myself even if quality wise, I can't compete. I'm basically alone as developer and artist, and even on the quest content, putting in all that is a huge amount of work. Yet in my little own thing, it's coming well ;)
Creator of Dot World Maker
Mad programmer and annoying composer
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Yeah Ice Trolls definitely get easier. They use to beat me to death but now I can take on two or three at once. The nice thing though is there are still plenty of beasts that can whoop my butt.

Return to “Off-Topic”