Cry engine Humble Pack

Keep it clean but fun.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Cry engine Humble Pack

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Good pack here, especially if you want to use Cry engine.

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/crye ... le_index_2
Jackolantern

Re: Cry engine Humble Pack

Post by Jackolantern »

So it appears that the Cry Engine doesn't come included in this bundle unless I am staring right at it and not seeing it. I really don't know much about CE at all since it has been years since I have taken a look at it. Is it free with royalties? The website is very difficult to navigate looking for that one piece of info. It definitely is taking a different road from Unity and others that make things very clear for hobbyists up front.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
62896dude

Post by 62896dude »

So it appears that the Cry Engine doesn't come included in this bundle unless I am staring right at it and not seeing it.
I thought the exact same thing! Thanks for confirming that I wasn't losing it lol, it's a shame, I otherwise would have 100% gotten this bundle.
Languages: C++, C#, Javascript + Angular, PHP
Programs: Webstorm 2017, Notepad++, Photoshop
Current Project: HP Destiny
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

62896dude wrote:
So it appears that the Cry Engine doesn't come included in this bundle unless I am staring right at it and not seeing it.
I thought the exact same thing! Thanks for confirming that I wasn't losing it lol, it's a shame, I otherwise would have 100% gotten this bundle.
But...what does CE cost? Does it cost anything? If I go to the download page, all I come to is a "give us your info" form, which isn't a good sign in my eyes.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Okay, that makes sense. My first thought when I didn't see it in the bundle was that it may be free. But wow did they do a bad job at communicating that on the CE site. When your average user sees a a form to fill out after clicking the Download button, a typical reaction is going to be "I can't afford this".

Return to “Off-Topic”