Overgrown World [Ailton] - WIP

Have a project in the works but not much media? How about an idea you are turning into a project? Maybe a game design document you want to start with. This is the place.
SpiritWebb

Overgrown World [Ailton] - WIP

Post by SpiritWebb »

I have been obsessed with post apocalyptic, over grown worlds here recently and I thought about making a purely atmospheric/environmental. No fighting, just exploring and learning the mystery on how this once thriving city become what it is today.

That is what I have for now on the story, still working it out. Anyway, here are the pics:

SpiritWebb

Re: Overgrown World [Unnamed] - WIP

Post by SpiritWebb »

Overgrown World Update #2. A WIP shots of downtown.

vitinho444

Post by vitinho444 »

Looks amazing!!! The only detail that is a dead giveaway, is that most textures are too clean for the environment they are on. I mean, if it's the point of "grass and trees growing everywhere", the buildings should be more dirty. But other than that, looks freaking amazing, very nice 3D modelling and texturing :)
My Company Website: http://www.oryzhon.com

SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

vitinho444 wrote:Looks amazing!!! The only detail that is a dead giveaway, is that most textures are too clean for the environment they are on. I mean, if it's the point of "grass and trees growing everywhere", the buildings should be more dirty. But other than that, looks freaking amazing, very nice 3D modelling and texturing :)
Thanks! It is still a WIP. I am getting all the roads, buildings and overgrowth in place, then will go back through making it look more rough maybe? Will probably do some texture painting to them for that "feel" (not good at btw, lol) and also going to be putting in wildlife for more of the realism. I am doing this on my own except for the ambient music/sfx which my business partner is doing along with the trailer.

Today I am working on the downtown finishing it up with the overgrowth and then moving on to the town itself and residential areas.

SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

Texture painted one of the buildings in downtown Ailton (Game named: Ailton and located on indiedb) to better fit the tone. This building is metal...

OldRod

Re: Overgrown World [Ailton] - WIP

Post by OldRod »

Looks great!
SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

OldRod wrote:Looks great!
Thanks!

vitinho444

Post by vitinho444 »

I don't have words to describe how it looks, AMAZING (with caps) is the closest I can get, specially if you did it by yourself.

Good luck :)

SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

vitinho444 wrote:I don't have words to describe how it looks, AMAZING (with caps) is the closest I can get, specially if you did it by yourself.

LOL, thanks! All done myself, and my business partner who is doing the SFX/Music for it. The texture look better vit?

vitinho444

Post by vitinho444 »

Yeah, I don't know if its something about lighting but they look way better. I think the darker the more realistic it will look I guess.

Return to “Project Showoff Tier I”