My oRPG Creator (Should be Phase II)

Have a project in the works but not much media? How about an idea you are turning into a project? Maybe a game design document you want to start with. This is the place.
Sim

My oRPG Creator (Should be Phase II)

Post by Sim »

oRPG Creator
What is it? It allows anyone with no programming knowledge to create there own web browser game with simple data entry. It is similar to the services of a forum hosting service but a game hosting service using a custom script I created using php, MySQL.

As Of Now:

Game Owners can do the following:
•Change Settings (Game Banner. game portrait image, task name, max task allowed at once, coins name, gym name, turns nam, max char turns. # turns regenerated, # of secs until turns regenerated, game description, game intro)
•View Stats
•Create/Manage Tasks (quest, crimes, missions)
•Create/Manage Custom Content Pages
•Create/Manage Zones (The travelable world, with pictures and text)
•Create/Manage Levels (set # of experienced points untill leveled up)
•Upload/Manage Image Files
•Create/Manage Bots (NPC's with images))
•Create/Manage Items (with images)
•Create/Manage Raffle's
•Admin Players
•Create Custom Profile Fields
•Edit Hospital Prices
•Manage Up to 2 Cron Jobs [Increase/Decrease Stat over period of time]
•Create/Manage unique stat's for battle system, char sheet
•Create/Manage attack's
•Create/Manage Forums
•Player Management features
•Create/Manage 4 different type's of spells as of now
•Choose a different game layout

As of Now:

Game Players Can:

•Complete Task(quest, crimes, missions)
•View Task Log (# success completed, failed)
•Purchase Items
•Equip Items
•Battle Bots (NPC's)
•Battle Other Players
•View Player Stats
•View Events (When a task is complete, or when attacked)
•View Custom Pages
•View News
•Edit Profile
•Update Stats upon leveling up
•TRAVEL
•Workout stats in gym
•View Top Players
•View Users Online
•View User List
•Private Message
•Purchase Raffle's
•Create/View Friend/Enemy list
•Forums
•Blackjack game
•PvE battles
•Challenge And Accept other players in turn based battles.

A little information about the "Stat System"
It will allow for game owners to customize there own stat's and item's. Game owners will be able to create as many visible or hidden stat's which will effect characters game play. Game owners will also be able to create there own item type's and own stats for each item type create. Game owners also will be able to create there own formula's for these item's.

These two major addition's will play a key role in how game owners can create there games. The Task system will be change to effect the changes of this. The Task system in addition to be % based can also be formula based based upon character stat's. Then once a Task is completed, game owners can reward players by changing VISIBLE or HIDDEN stats.

HIDDEN stats will be good as they can allow for game owners to create achievements in games or unlock certain things once a certain stat has reached a limit.

The "Task System" - also known as the quest/crime/mission system
The new task system will allow manipulation of MULTIPLE stat's, npcs, items, tasks , attacking players, forcing battles, displaying text/images upon fail/success, and teleporting characters to new zones/locations. It has 20 outcomes with 4 different conditions totaling of 80 things that can be done with the task system compared to the original which was a standard outcome of text display on of fail/success.

Also, the new task system will allow you to entire formula's as well as numbers for % based completion if formula's are to complicated for you.

How it will work?
So I created a few stat's experience and coins. I gave them "Unique Names" "CHAR_EXP" AND "CHAR_COINS"... Then when I created my task, I increased the stat Exp on "If Attempted" which means player will always get experience whether they fail or pass. Then on Success, I increase the coins by 20 - 30. Which will generate a random number upon success. Also on success I added the display text and set that to

Congratulations, you completed the task. You gained {this.CHAR_EXP} EXP and {this.CHAR_COINS} Coins

When displaying text on the site, you can use brackets to display variables but in this case, you can also use a word "this" to get the stat which was affected during the task. So an outcome from the task was:

Congratulations, you completed the task. You gained 2 EXP and 25 Coins

This is only the start, once I am done, pictures, sounds and more can be displayed. You will also be able to display the total of your stat by entering

Congratulations, you completed the task. You gained {this.CHAR_EXP} EXP and {this.CHAR_COINS} Coins. Now you got {CHAR_COINS}...
oRPG Creator - Make Your Own Browser Game
oRPG Creator on Facebook
Xaos

Re: My oRPG Creator (Should be Phase II)

Post by Xaos »

Wow, looks pretty extensive and sounds great for beginners of game development! It's like RPG Maker for browser-games :D (Hopefully your financial success will follow RPG Maker's, huh? ;))
OldRod

Post by OldRod »

Sounds like you are off to a good start :)
Sim

Post by Sim »

OldRod wrote:Sounds like you are off to a good start :)
Thanks, but is 2 years worth of development really a start? I would say it should of been a finished project by now. ;\
oRPG Creator on Facebook
OldRod

Post by OldRod »

OK, let me rephrase it...

You are further along than I've been on any project I've worked on (and there have been LOTS) :)
Sim

Post by Sim »

Here are some screen shots.

I use to have the domain TextGameMaker.com which was going to be the new name for the project but I let it expire (smacks self) so I need to get a new logo made but this is going to be the portal for the games created.

Creating a Custom Stat

Creating a Custom Spell. To make it easy on owners. Can easily add them to shops and NPC's at same time

Creating an NPC. To make it easy on owners, can easily add them spells and attacks to the NPC sorta like how spell feature works =)

Creating a Task(mission, quest, crime)

Whats a RPG Without a battle system?

As you can see in some of these screen shots, there are some minor bug's that need fixing, some screen shot's are a little outdated, but shows how far a long the engine is coming. People can currently register and use a real "crappy" design with "horrible" features right now. Nothing like that is shown right now. So I am not even going to post the link but I am sure if ya'll want to, your figure it out. Enjoy the previews. ;-)
oRPG Creator on Facebook
OldRod

Post by OldRod »

Wow, I like the look of that dashboard screen. Very professional!
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Nice! The editors remind me of the old mudmaker.com (except of course that was to make a Telnet MUD). However, MudMaker no longer exists, so the only way to take a look at it at all is through old YouTube guide videos.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Sim

Post by Sim »

Jackolantern wrote:Nice! The editors remind me of the old mudmaker.com (except of course that was to make a Telnet MUD). However, MudMaker no longer exists, so the only way to take a look at it at all is through old YouTube guide videos.

WoW, that looks nice and gave me a nice new idea on something new to add. a TO DO List to check whether a game has enough content to be added to the game portal.
oRPG Creator on Facebook
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Cool! Mud Maker was pretty nice while it lasted, but their model was flawed: Instead of charging anything for the game editor, they made money by holding the finished game and forcing you to buy hosting to host it. Of course, as we all know most hobbyists who get game-making software never actually finish a game and just end up playing around in it. So they had thousands of people constantly farting around in the editors, but only 2 or 3 completed games making them money being hosted.
The indelible lord of tl;dr

Return to “Project Showoff Tier I”