Sim Space Station

Have a project in the works but not much media? How about an idea you are turning into a project? Maybe a game design document you want to start with. This is the place.
SpiritWebb

Sim Space Station

Post by SpiritWebb »

Hi all, so we have started our newest project called Sim Space Station that is a sim management style game. Inspired by Prison Archetiect and Sim Airport. In Sim Space Station, you build and manage your very own space station. Here is a teaser of the UI we have started working on, it has changed a little since this screen shot was taken. For instance, we have added a objects building button as well as a section showing how many visitors are currently on your station. (Note: The numbers below are just placeholders as they have not been programmed yet.)

You can follow along with us on our devlog and/or our roadmap.

hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: Sim Space Station

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

That will be fun!
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Oooo....okay....this is very interesting for me, being a certified space nut! Has there never been a space station sim before? That would be quite shocking, although I really can't remember ever seeing or hearing of any.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

hallsofvallhalla wrote:That will be fun!
Hope so, that's the key!
Jackolantern wrote:Oooo....okay....this is very interesting for me, being a certified space nut! Has there never been a space station sim before? That would be quite shocking, although I really can't remember ever seeing or hearing of any.
There is one that is flash based online for free, but that is all I can think of, I personally could not find any. I tossed around two new game ideas, and this is the one we went with. :D

Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Very cool! I definitely think this could have legs if you could find a way to reach the space-enthusiast crowd, some of which may not be regular game players.

Are you going for a full-on, as-close-as-you-can-get sim or more of a lighter-sim, more game oriented feel?
SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

Jackolantern wrote:Very cool! I definitely think this could have legs if you could find a way to reach the space-enthusiast crowd, some of which may not be regular game players.

Are you going for a full-on, as-close-as-you-can-get sim or more of a lighter-sim, more game oriented feel?
Sim in the sense of like Prison Architect or Sim Airport. Same top down view and UI driven as they are. Here is the newest screen (placing wall and floor, info at bottom are placeholders):

Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Nice! :D

Return to “Project Showoff Tier I”