Browser MMO Video#2

Location of the Videos
dragonatter

Re: Browser MMO Video#2

Post by dragonatter »

hy. i need some help so i am turning to u guys since i dont know where else to turn. i have been following ur tutorials,buting them to test nd they mostly work. was pretty pleased with myself so i decided its time for a real go. i joined a free web hosting server that supports php and mysql,thinking i can make my own browser based game. how rong i was
the web host tells me to upload files to a public_file folder in my web creator. i did just that and indeed all the stuf i do appare on my web site,but when i start doing php codings,especially this connect.php code...i dont know how to explain exactly,but no info is extracted from my sql data base. where must i upload these codes since the connect.php code i writte apares in my site with all the stuf i wrote in it,like my sql data base name and my password
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

it will upload to host exactly like it appears locally. It will NOT however be able to connect to your current localhost from the web. You need to export your local DB and import it in your web host DB then change the connect file to reflect the web host db information.
Raslik

Post by Raslik »

Hi, I really love your tutorial, but it's already a few years old so i got a problem here.

Would you help me with this one? I don't know if it even matters for future steps but i want to make sure. I'm pretty sure my code is right because players email and id are shown.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

wow did not know this. I really need to update those tutorials or rather redo them

Code: Select all

$Link = new mysqli($Hostname, $Username, $Password, $Database);
$Result = $Link->query('SELECT ...');
$Rows = $Result->fetch_array(MYSQLI_NUM);
http://us2.php.net/mysqli

you can also use PDO

http://code.tutsplus.com/tutorials/php- ... -net-25338
Raslik

Post by Raslik »

So I need to redo whole page? I'll rather wait for your update I'm just a beginner in all this)
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

just need to update the queries.
Sharlenwar

Post by Sharlenwar »

I have been doing this whole thing, I'm on video 30 or so and just have been following along. I figure I'll have a completed tutorial game then I'll worry about the PDO and other craziness!
Deep within the Void of Quasion, a creation.

**My Corner of the Web**
***NEW***GrindFest - My own PHP/MySQL game!
Sharlenwar's Adventures
Torn-City - Massively multiplayer online text based RPG

Return to “Older Browser MMO Videos”