Before Watching the videos!!

Location of the Videos
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Before Watching the videos!!

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

I thought I would place a foreword here to all new tutorial watchers.

First off thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and register on the forums and watching the tutorials. I am no coding master by no means but it means a lot to see so many people take interest in this series.

Ok, now down to business...

My recommendation is to watch the first 8 or 9 videos without trying to do them. You are only going to aggravate yourself. Watch the videos closely, soak up the knowledge then unzip the source files and use them. You can view the code in its proper form and see how its built.

Most of the errors we see users having are because of not building the database tables and fields properly. They are capitalizing the fields like "Password" then calling the field in a query in lowercase like "password". THEY MUST BE THE SAME.

The other questions are ones about adding things to the videos. I am building this game and making these videos in the simplest possible form. These videos are here for you to learn from. Not to copy and make a static carbon copy of the game. You take the game and add what features you want and learn from trying. There is no better way to learn than to try and if I build the entire game from start to finish and add every feature you will never get a chance to try and the video series would be 300 videos and never get done.
You are more than welcome to make your own videos, like one user has done, and submit them here for other users. I suggest it and welcome it. You are also more than welcome to ask questions and how to do features and I am sure someone here will know how to do it.

Its funny how some users have already advanced past my videos and just disappear. They come watch a few videos, learn how to make a game then never return. Lets not make this a habit. If you learn from my videos then please hang around and help other users and add your own features and share them with the community or even share your project with updates.

Once again thanks for all the great comments and support. I will continue these videos for quite a long time only getting more and more advanced as we go.
Noctrine

Re: Before Watching the videos!!

Post by Noctrine »

Also, please post questions in the questions topic. And not in the topic for the videos themselves. And use a descriptive title, it makes it far easier for future users.
Jesse Dorsey
ProjectANI - Lead Developer Person
http://about.me/jessedorsey

Return to “Older Browser MMO Videos”